May 09, 2024, 01:22:52 PM

News:

Any Old HTT members out there?

Started by Peckerhead, August 28, 2009, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peckerhead

Just wondering if there any old members from the MSN days out there.  Haven't been online in a while and just wanted to chime in a say greetings to my old online riding buddies.

here are some names I remember from the top of my head:
Grumpy
Pinibo
adhd
sir fatboy
todd
cant remember anyone else but I'm sure i'll recognize your handle if I see it.  The old memory banks just don't work like they used to.
ONE DAY AT A TIME

skeets

Yep Im still here just like bad breath!
Peace
Skeets
Am fear nach gleidh na hairm san t sith, cha bhi iad aige'n am a' chogaidh

texaskatfish

August 28, 2009, 12:11:05 PM #2 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:00:35 AM by texaskatfish
"Old" Katfish present and accounted for (well sometimes)

After reading many folks "checkin in" I realized I neglected to add - think I joined the old HTT roundabout November of 2000................
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

ULTRADOG

HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

RainDodger

I'll bet there are roughly a billion of us here... aren't there?

RainDodger here... I was known as DropDodger on the MSN site. ("Drop" as in RAIN drop... )  :)

... and Peckerhead, how could you forget about the Cling?! He's about as old as they come!

Roger

speed limit

Welcome back took me awhile to catch up to, most guy`s are still here a lot of new names I was 127twistandshout on msn.
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

Mike52

Peckerhead, I'm still here, probably one of the oldest regulars still haunting HTT. I know you were a regular on Todd's old place  so we'll have to keep a close watch on you.  :hyst:
Do you still have the SE Road King or Big Dog or have you changed bikes again. Aren't you from the Jacksonville,FL area?

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

ederdelyi

Sonny S.

I ain't that old but old enough to remember you  :wink:   Welcome back !!

Sonny   ... aka  SonnySCycle2

hotroadking

NormL

yupper...Cracky here, still around the shovelhead forum.  Same old pos bike...

Cracky
Swanton, Vermont

CraigArizona85248

Send that POS my way Cracky!  I'm starting up a "home for old motorcycles" at my place.   :teeth:

-Craig

fxstdavew

Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

HV

Quote from: PECKERHEAD on August 28, 2009, 11:20:30 AM
Just wondering if there any old members from the MSN days out there.  Haven't been online in a while and just wanted to chime in a say greetings to my old online riding buddies.

here are some names I remember from the top of my head:
Grumpy
Pinibo
adhd
sir fatboy
todd
cant remember anyone else but I'm sure i'll recognize your handle if I see it.  The old memory banks just don't work like they used to.

Some of us remember wayyyyyyyy too much... :hyst: Welcome to the new HTT  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Princess Butt

I'm still here, consuming oxygen and taking up space!

I think I was BnERoadKing at the old site?

Now I'm BnEUltraClassic.

BnEUC (Eddie)
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

Garry in AZ

Yep, still here... I was Gilbertguy23 on the old HTT.

Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

Scotty

Hasn't even been 12 months yet since HTT closed..............you would think it was 10 years ago  :hyst:

harleyjt

harleyjt here - not as old as some, but older than others...  :up:
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

Gunney8

Member since 2000, didn't post too much in early days becasue I didn't know enuff... now know enuff to screw things up and plead for help here....

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

JimB

tipdog

tipdog is still here and its sad to say but i cant remember when i started  lol

FLH_Rider

If memory serves me right met Samuel on another board in June of 2000 and been here ever since.

FLH_Rider in Michigan,,,

rhino

was on old site for a few years, still here

truck

I'm still here too.
Cracky! NormL? You're no where near normal! :teeth:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

UltraManPaul

I joined the motley bunch back in '03. I was known as fxdwgpaul back then.....I didn't post much then and still don't post much now. But I'm learnin' alot by lurkin'. It has been said  "It's better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". I couldn't agree more sometimes.  :wink:

UMP
2015 FLHTK, SE Agitator AF, SE Slip-ons, Chrome front end.

Grumpy : (

Peckerhead, I'm still around.  Biketoberfest is coming in just under 2 months, expect to see all y'all here.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Sam45

YUP  I have been HarleySam and HarleySamwith a bunch of numbers.  I took this handle from Canner.  LOL  I asked him of course

02roadcling

Hey you old pecker.
LOL at RainDodger, just because I'm 1/2 way to 108 doesn't mean I'm old.

cling
02roadcling
if you go to members you can browse thru the pages for a trip down memory lane
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

JamLazyAss

And be sure to visit the newly constructed "SHED".
It is said that some of the oldest and wisest members tour there are least once...  :wtf:

Welcome back !
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Ptroc

I am an old member.  Here everyday to check in.
P

shobby dobby

shobby dobby  still here  about 9.5 years   glad you are back

shobby dobby

OLAK45

OLAK

seattledyna

been here since HTT was a rough and tumble insult laden den of ill-repute..like we enjoyed it!!

I dont live in Seattle anymore and the dyna was 5 bikes ago, but I guess a name just sticks with ya, I'm Hangtown Hawg on the other boards :wink:

mayor

was wannabmayor since late summer of '05 on HTT MSN...gave myself a promotion to mayor on the new site.   :embarrassed:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Clintster

I was on the old site same name, since 02, got the boot once for a few days.  In the begininng I would just keep listing over and over again what I was using on my bike.  I have learned quite bit from the folks here.  Except for tires on rims and dyno tunes, doing all my own service for near five years now.  May just split the cases if I can get the thing to wear out or tweak the crank. I always wondered were you got the name Peckerhead, who gave it to you?
Drive fast, take chances

BikerJim44

HEllo Peck and everyone else too. Spidey still here. Jesh I was just trying to remember when I first rode in to HTT and to the best of my recolection I think it was around 02 or 03. Good to see all the old faces, ( names like Ederlyi ) and so many others here. How you been Ed? Haven't seen you post much and was wondering if you were still around. I haven't seen Bruce, Monkeywithlobo on in forever. Anyone seen him lately? Hope ya'll are doing well and have had a great riding season thus far. Still some great weather around the corner so let's go ride!!!. Spidey.  :up:
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.

96nostalgia

Still here in south georgia.  Just learned to keep my mouth shut so I don't get the axe again.  (Sorry about using "the")

uglide

August 28, 2009, 05:41:38 PM #38 Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:46:10 PM by uglide
I am here.  Just can't seem to find my way here to this new site.  Guess it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks, LOL

L8R~
Uglide

ederdelyi

??How you been Ed? Haven't seen you post much and was wondering if you were still around.<<

Been good, Spidey. Enjoying retirement. When I'm online I do more lurking than posting since I don't do work on MC's anymore ('cept my own). Fishing and riding fill my time up pretty well.

>>I haven't seen Bruce, Monkeywithlobo on in forever. Anyone seen him lately?<<

Bruce goes by "Maxheadflow" now ... check the TC forum, he's there quite often.

Take care, heading out for more fishing and riding :>)

kik

Babygirl73

:up:Yep PH Long time no hear.....Im still here somewhere Good to see you,and welcome back aboard :teeth:

---Gin
Babygirl AKA Gin

harley883r

One Day At A Time
Muskokas ON

rad3766

98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

autoworker

Been here since early 04,and up until the last few weeks have read most posts in General and Twin Cam sections on a daily basis.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

76shuvlinoff

Can't remember my first posts at HTT, I'm thinking 03 - 04 range. With computer crashes and forgotten passwords the handle changed at least 3 times. Still got the shovel I rode in on.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Baggerlady

I'm still here! I added another bagger (2005 SEEG) to the barn. I've been busy working (this time of year), so its usually a quick lurk to try and keep up with what is going on. Glad to see you made it! :rose:

05FLHTC

Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Justpassingas

I'm still here and still passin gas :embarrassed:
For Duty and Humanity

Garry in AZ

What ever happened to brother Cheap? I used to enjoy his posts.
Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

Ely

Yep still trashing around.  Missing the OFOPOS site though.

Tre_11 FLHX

Memeber since 04, still here and still learning.  user name on old HTT mzodarg.  Yeah what ever happened to dumpster diving, Cheap?  Haven't seen anything from Harley Hog either.

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

mackdog

Well let's see, yep still here since '03.  MD

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

freebee

I'm OLD ! Had about a 5year momentary lapse of reason (BMW).

HDFAT2001

RK101

Been here since 02. On and off at times but never left for to long. Tried some others but always found myself coming back here also. If it's tech issues you want to talk about this is the place to come. 7400 + members and growing everyday can't be wrong. Only site better than HTT today, will be HTT tomorrow. :pop:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

apendejo

panhead_dan

Still checkin in a couple of times a week.
Member since '01.
Greeting from the dry side of Oregon!

Dennis The Menace

Nope, I joined in 06.  Im just a youngsta here.

menace

xlr853

yep used to be MOJO, allways fighting with ZAPPA

Johnfatboy

8)  Hey, nice see alot of familiar names.

:missed:  been awile
OFOPOS

Low Glide

Still here.  Joined sometime in '03 as "freshfish"  askin' questions about what model I should buy.  Bought an '04 FXDLI and loved it till I came across "the lady" ....an '06 FLTRI.  Thus the name Low Glide.

gobblerhuntr

f-x-d-w-g

04 or 05.  Can't remember much at my age...

Dan
Tijeras, NM

Gonzo

Been here almost since the beginning. About the time Windrider (or Windsurfer, cant remember which) handed the site over. Much looser site back then, not many rules. Spent WAY too much time on here back then. Got into some online tussles here, but for some reason, never got the boot. Watched Samual come & go,leaving his mark on HTT along with a lot of knowledge. Then the formation of Ofopos, so we could cut loose a little. Had a few get-together's at my place from people at this site, last one 50 strong with a live band and food hosted at Arlen Ness' 3rd floor. Made a lot of friends here along the way. Hope to make more in the future....
Gonzo

seattledyna

gonzo, still have a pic from that night at Ness's then brand new building, that was a good time!

lots of old HTT guys in this pic!

Gonzo

God Damned Krusr takes up TWO spots!!! :teeth:

JohnS_Rosamond

Yup, I'm still here too.  In fact, I seem to recall that there was a format before the MSN deal where all the threads and responses were in a cascading order by headline.

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

apendejo

Sure miss the Hippo, he was a gold mine of good solid tech info. I know he posts occasionally but wish he woud do it regularly again.
AP

No Problem

on old site no problem jag 1   joined 01      NO PROBLEM   on  new site

Gonzo

...and then there's JohnS. What a wealth of knowledge.I believe Johns teaching style very similar to Samuals. Gained a lot of knowledge from both of them. Thanks a million,John. We appreciate it
Gonzo

Joncin

Hippo is still around, he just hibernates in extreme heat.  :teeth:

Rugby_fxdwg

1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS

softailwins

Vforme

Ciggyjoker from the old site...lurk once inawhile.. :dgust:

CndUltra88

August 30, 2009, 06:02:52 PM #77 Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:05:59 PM by CndUltra88
I dont know if I am an old member, but been hanging around since the Summer of 2003 ....
:gob: just sayin
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

mrmike

Still here, since 03 or 04, check in every day to read the posts don't answer many questions there's a lot smarter guys here for that so I just keep learning. Thanks to this place no one but me has ever wrenched on my bike and I've fixed a few others too.
Yeah I wonder about HH too.

Mike 
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Trouble

I think it was mom that said I'd always be Trouble...    :soda:
You can try and make something idiot-proof, but those idiots are so darn clever

77S-Glide

started as 77S-Glide back in 03-04, am still 77S-Glide and the 77S-Glide still runs great even tho i tend to ride the StreetGlide more. i don't post or reply much but sure do read alot.
Dick

moose

still here Moose when you say old members how old do you have to be

ps.
someone says
Sure miss the Hippo, he was a gold mine of good solid tech info. I know he posts occasionally but wish he woud do it regularly again.

I think Hippo is back working with Short block Charlie again
Moose aka Glenn-

nome

r1mcdonald

yep still here i remeber geting help from samual.dont post much but i read alot

guitar sam

is 62 1/2 old? (counting down to retirement

gs

Mark222

Just_T

Member since 2001, still check in from time to time AKA, Sporty_T

:beer:

Panzer

September 08, 2009, 05:02:21 PM #87 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:04:27 PM by Panzer
Me.........I had the handle of "IAMSMRT2"
After reading all the tips I am now just Panzer, demoted I guess. :cry:
But an alumni of the shed.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

starrider

Snowdog

Think it was around May of 2000 when I got my license to post on HTT.
Cool seeing all the familar old names and pics on this post.

Snowdog

HIPPO

wolfmotor1

Yep, I'm old...name is the same.  Getting ready to change bikes, though.

Captj122

Still alive and kickin' since 02'?
Capt. Jim

ironhorse432

post little, read lot's ,here since 03 04 Ironhorse

longrider1951

Still lurking with an occasional post here and there.  Been around since 2004 same name
There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot! (don't ask how I know)

64 Panhead

:teeth: Been on here since 02 or 03 ??,  had to rejoin after this went down,  still check HTT out every day for all the good INFO,   Take Care....  64   :up:

Black Jack

Was 'Angry Jack' on the old site. Takes a little getting used to on the new site, but change happens - like it or not. Been an HTT'er since... can't quite remember exactly.
'95 Fatty '02 E-Glide
HTT 7/7/03

ironbutt

Can't remember exactly when I joined here other than it was MSN at the time, (I want to say 04 or 05 ?) but this is the first site I ever joined. Mostly lurk around and gather information for something I might be messing around with. Good site and great information, Thanks
"Old enough to know better, to young to resist".

psycho

crazy joe

Skullfork

Was there, now here since '06 ...even though I've never personally met anyone on this site, I enjoy the family style atmosphere and appreciate all the help and info I've received. A lot of good characters here ...

crossbonz

been hanging around since 05 i think, was sporty1200 then. changed bikes since...lol

Peckerhead

Good to hear from all my ole online buddys.  Got rid of the kit bike and the chopper.  Sticking with my road king for the duration.

Grumpy.  Ill see you at the AM Legion, BW, 2010
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Bigs

Been around since fall of '05.
   Bigs

Fxstchewy

"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

ThumperDeuce

I am still here trying to put more thump in my Deuce since 04.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Grumpy : (

Peckerhead, with luck, I'll still be here.
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Ohio Phil

Ok was told about the sight from Skin meet him and Pearl on r way home from Sturges in 2002, Did the famous Hippo build in 03 now riding a 09 serg check the sight every morning, Peckerhead "one day at a time for 24 years"
C-YA Ohio Phil

Skin

Skin here, joined the site in '99 when Hippo still ran the site. Got tons of info from Samuel......and others, sure do miss the "Ole Man". I wonder from time to time how Ruth is doing. Have met lots of you from Pearl and I traveling around the US of A. Don't have much time to get on here any more since taking the job of Service Manager with Jenni, but still lurk from time to time, though. Glad to see a lot of the same Bros still here.

bericuda

i'm still here from the windsurfer days.... don't post a whole bunch....htt is the only consistant tech site in my life.still liked todds page. crackys is good too! haven't heard from niTROYank in ages-are you still alive?????-good times and more coming!

Ken R

The old MSN wasn't that long ago . .. . . . was it?

Ken R still here.  Joined in late 2003 I think. Gimme another decade and I'll consider it "old".

Ken

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Member since 2004

L-

Anybody know where Chopper is?  He used to be a site manager. 
L-

tipdog

been here a long time,so long I cant remember when I signed up for this ride.One thing for sure its been part of my daily constition. THANK YOU ALL

lilchief

Oh yea, was there a long time ago, I kinda fell off for awhile, and then came back. Way too good of a sight to not belong to!

Lil' Chief

mayor

Quote from: L- on January 18, 2010, 07:38:12 AM
Anybody know where Chopper is?  He used to be a site manager. 
L-

still is, don't see him around much though.  I saw that he was visting the site a couple of days ago though.
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

L-

Thanks Mayor, good to know that.  I have been around with one or two different names since late 2001 I believe.

L-

ol-hippie

Was here for a while, gone for a while and I'm back for a while, ain't that a pile.

Anthony

Dr Jekyll...........Still here..........Anthony

crazy joe

This question is the the Administrators   what happen to the number
that used to appear when you had the cursor over the names of the members?

WideBoy04

Was HDRIDR when I first came on a few years ago.
Used to spend alot of time on Todds also, but like this site
most.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

HDFAT2001

kik

Kik is still here....I read more than I post though...lol...most of these guys are way smarter than I am, so I just sit back and try to learn.

waskier01

I have no idea how long I was on the old HTT.  Anybody know how to find out.

geezerglide

Was and still am geezerglide.

geezerglide

Willie D

what you mean OLD . . . . I resemble that  :hyst:

been here too long to try to remember :potstir:

WD
'All gave some, Some gave All"

jmorton10

Quote from: PECKERHEAD on August 28, 2009, 11:20:30 AM

LOL, I have the same problem myself (I think it's the early stages of Alzeimers)  ;-)

I've been around forever, but been too busy to post in a while....

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

jmorton10

Here is an old picture of some of our old time posters:

http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/image/95976891

I owned the biker bar in the BG for 20 years (my business partner was an H.A. member)

Sadly, both my ex-partner & Willyshd1 (Roger Cook) in this picture are both dead.  They where two of the best people I have ever met, but this kind of stuff occurs more & more as you get older.  If I remember right, Roger was 62 years old in that picture (look at the build on him).

The Tavern was in Rochester NY, & Roger & his two friends had just ridden in from Cleveland OH to have a cheeseburg & tip a few........

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

02roadcling

I remember the day you posted that. Good to see you are still alive John.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

chief-z

YORK COUNTY, PA. NEAR THE MD BOARDER

quikbike

I've been around since 01 as Gandolf
I hate snow

Dakota

Been here since 02 or 03, can't remember for sure.  Good to see Skin is still kickin-haven't seen him for a while-think we've both got busier-I'm sure he has and it seems like I have--that's the problem with getting older-have to be busier since I don't get as much done :smilep:
Experience is something you get right after you needed it.

Been here since 02, just never posted much.  Remember reading many posts with lots of information from Samuel and the Hippo.
02 Heritage, 08 Ultra Classic, Mesa Arizona

rhino

been here since 2001 ,don't post alot tho

peanutcityjohn

I'm still around .

Big John!!!
All things come to he who waits , if he works like hell while he waits.

jerite

Here from old HTT as well...I don't know 5 years or so maybe...3 builds anyway..
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

Ragu

I'm here too, lurk alot but don't post much.  :crook:

HDDOC

2019 Tri Glide

twincamzz

... still hanging around tryin' to learn about these motorsickles !
not all who wander are lost...

Hydroman

January 31, 2010, 06:59:47 PM #139 Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:03:07 PM by Hydroman
Started lurkin in 02 and joined sometime in 03. Good to see you back Peckerhead.
Basking in the wake of mediocore achievment

DarrellV

Yo, still here ...still using SYNTHETIC OIL

bubtrauma

Memnar

Lurked in 2001, joined in 2002. One of the best forums ever!
Albuquerque, NM.

5/29/29

I was 92fxrjs, but somehow lost my ID. Never spoke much, asked Samual some questions, but read regulary as I do now.
Loved the old site, took a while to learn how this new site works and now I love it too. Still don't talk much0
js

Coff 06

Not really an old member,only around since 06.   Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

jaw65

Ride hard but stay the right way up.

Namvet

Yep, got booted from the original site a few times. :teeth:

Phu Cat

Too much horsepower is almost enough.

chopper

Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night