May 09, 2024, 02:25:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Yreka CA get-away

Started by seattledyna, September 14, 2009, 11:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

Had a great time with some "original" HTT peeps, we have been meeting for the last 8 years in Yreka to visit, exchange lies and ride some amazing northern CA roads :up:

yreka 09 225

in this film we are headed to Mt Shasta, the first bike is an 2010 Streetglide that one of the guys just got, he left his house in WA with 90 miles on it :teeth:

yreka 09 108

the son of one of our long time members came along this year also...great guy :up:

yreka 09 109

Dennis The Menace

Mike, looks like a lot of fun.  Get up to Southern Oregon?  If so, where did ya go.  Kinda grew up there, so know ALL the roads.

Dennis

seattledyna

we didnt do OR this year, one year we rode to Happy Camp then over the mountains to O'Brian and Oregon Caves, up to Grants Pass and back to Yreka...that was a full days ridin' I tell ya :wink:, last year we rode to Ashland and took the old K-falls hwy over to 97, then down to Weed and back.
this year we just stayed in the area and rode a big loop from Yreka to Fort Jones over the hils to the Klamath river and back to Yreka, an amazing 90 miles of one lane twisties :teeth:

Panzer

Nice vid........thanks for sharing.
Hope that boy's tattoos protect him from getting sunburn.
BTW.....feed him will you !! :hyst:
Nice ride & stay safe.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

04glide

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting it for us.

rattlecan

Is that Strokemedave down towards the end with a silver Road Glide?  :missed:

TwistedSister

SooOOooo  much  thanx  goes  to  HangtownHawg/SeattleDyna  for  all  the awesome pix ~n~videos  of  the Yreka  time together.!!!!  Memories  for  none  riding  times ~n~ old(er)  age!!!   :hyst:

Every  mile  I  head  back  eastish  sure makes  me  miss  the awesome  ones  that  were  there ~n~the  memories  of  those  that  have  gone  on. ..   or  couldn't make  it this  year.  . . .

Hope in  years  to  come I  can do  it  again !!!!

Stroke-meDave has  beautiful black paint  done by  Mike(Seattledyna)
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

seattledyna

Hi Bob!! :teeth:  that is Daves black RG in the foreground, I painted it for him earlier this year, we do miss ya at the Yreka runs ya know :wink:

Grumpy : (

The Silver RG should be AceTX. 
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

seattledyna

you are very correct grumpy :teeth:  my RG was just behind where dave was standing way down the line.

HarleyFranco

Leave it to the frigging cager to squeeze in between the bikes, will they ever learn?
vid 09 108

Frank

rattlecan

Nice Mike.  Brings back good memories.
bob

texaskatfish

Didjyall at LEAST make Ace bring yall some decent Bar-B-Q?????
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

seattledyna

why yes he did!
even better... he brought his deer sausage and gumbo all the way from Texas for friday eve, and he BBQ'd up some great ribeyes for saturday eve...we ate well :wink:

Sam45

StrokerDave

Hi Bob, were your ears ringing this weekend? Sam and I were talking about you this weekend, we missed you.

rattlecan

Quote from: StrokerDave on September 16, 2009, 04:03:56 PM
Hi Bob, were your ears ringing this weekend? Sam and I were talking about you this weekend, we missed you.

Hi Guys!  I've been busy riding dirt this last couple years and am pretty much a one trick poney.  :embarrassed:  I'll try to make one of your get togethers this coming year if you'll still have me.  :smiled:

Dirtsurgeon

I've been busy riding dirt this last couple years and am pretty much a one trick poney.

Say what? :crook:

Missed you on your annual trek to Avenal Bob

seattledyna

LOL dirt, was wondering if you were gonna see that :smileo:

rattlecan

Quote from: Dirtsurgeon on September 16, 2009, 07:49:43 PM
I've been busy riding dirt this last couple years and am pretty much a one trick poney.

Say what? :crook:

Missed you on your annual trek to Avenal Bob

Hey Dirt, sorry about that.  :crook:  I actually went North and blew right by you sometime in January. Didn't want to wear out my welcome.:missed:

StrokerDave

September 16, 2009, 09:17:11 PM #20 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:19:17 PM by StrokerDave

StrokerDave

Baggerlady

I'm finally getting around to reading this. Long hours and slow computer connection! Looks like you guys had a great ride! I enjoyed the week before with my parents, hadn't seen them in almost three years, and they went back to San Diego (Ramona) on that Sat. One of these years, I'll try and get down to Yreka and meet you guys! :rose:

rattlecan

StrokerDave

seattledyna

those were good times back then!!

Bob, ya gotta ride with us all again!