April 18, 2024, 06:17:06 AM

News:

Show those Shovels!

Started by 76shuvlinoff, November 01, 2008, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

Now that brings back some memories. Love the old paint.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Reddog74usa

77 FXE Super Glide 12K original miles  :chop:

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Ohio HD

Reddog74usa

1983 FXWG. Have been looking for one of these for a very long time however they are hard to find in good original condition. Took one for a test ride back in 80 when they came out. Great Bike. Original except the muffs and carb. 20 K on the clock.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Ohio HD

Quote from: Reddog74usa on June 10, 2018, 08:09:40 PM
1983 FXWG. Have been looking for one of these for a very long time however they are hard to find in good original condition. Took one for a test ride back in 80 when they came out. Great Bike. Original except the muffs and carb. 20 K on the clock.

That's a clean one.    :up:

Ohio HD

June 10, 2018, 08:17:38 PM #207 Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:07:44 AM by Ohio HD
This was my 1980, pics are about 1988 or 1989. Sifton cam, S&S carb, Cycle Shack pipes. Otherwise a stock 80 inch.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Reddog74usa

When you had one of these back in the day you were styl'n  :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Ohio HD

If I had any sense, I would have saved that one. It was a decent running bike too, for what it was.

guppymech

Quote from: Reddog74usa on June 10, 2018, 08:09:40 PM

That's a great looking Wide Glide!  I'm amazed at the constant stream of mint Shovels you keep finding.  How do you find them?
'84 FXE, '02 883R

Reddog74usa

I guess I just get lucky and have no problem driving coast to coast to get one if need be.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

HotRodShovel

Reddog, you have some real nice machines there buddy. 
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

yarddogg77

I finally have this Pig put together. The tins are only primed with rustoleum rust reformer, but I get a lot of compliments anyway.[attach=0]
My shop has a grass floor and really high ceiling... Yard - Dogg

yarddogg77

Here's another....
[attach=0]

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

HotRodShovel

Nice ride Yarddog!!  all your labor was worth it...well done or as we said in the Navy many moons ago.....Bravo Zulu
John

Reddog74usa

Looks damn good the way it is  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

wolfmotor1

HotRodShovel

Wolf.very nice. I really do dig the engraving.. Some day...perhaps...maybe..  Sweet ride 

I rode my Shovel on a rigid frame for many years in NYC.  :emoGroan:   I love the look but I need a pain pill just thinking about those days !!!   Wish I could do a rigid again tho
John

yarddogg77

Dang Wolf, I love the fender mounts. I was thinking of doing something similar on my chopper build mainly with the rear fender and sissy bar. It helps me to see it done.

bump

I think I figured out how to post pics.
So a couple shots of my 78 shovelhead lowrider. Bought it brand new. It turned 40 years old about 3 weeks ago. Still ride it pretty regular.

guppymech

Nice Shovel ya got there Bump! I envy you guys that can keep a bike long term.
'84 FXE, '02 883R

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

HotRodShovel

very cool...agree, much respect to the original owners out there.
John