Started by 76shuvlinoff, November 01, 2008, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty1977

wolfmotor1

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Justpassingas

Finally got it back together and running after a complete engine rebuild ....It was sitting for 25+years in my basement.... 22 years old when I bought my first big twin 69FL in 1980 for $3000...I still have a few bugs to work out but almost there

For Duty and Humanity

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

Nice, and don't forget to put oil in that transmission  :wink:
Here is a 76 model I'm finishing up

Malamute

August 30, 2021, 09:05:40 AM #356 Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:17:27 AM by Malamute
 84 FXS

[attach=0,msg1394056]

[attach=1,msg1394056]

72fl

72 owned for over 20 years, been a Project thoroughly enjoyed she's never done as I have built to my style no one else's, not much of 72 left BUT the Engine Trans frontend and at some point I will upgrade to a better frontend. Wasn't Original when I purchased, so I made it my Vision. posting Before and After

Hossamania

Wow, you certainly did modify it a bit! Looks good
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

72fl

rockman96

My 81 FXS (or whats left of it). 96" built with S&S guts.

ETA: It seems one must use a hosting site has to post pics?

Coyote

Quote from: rockman96 on October 09, 2021, 03:36:53 PM

Use the Attachments and other options

[attach=0]

Fugawee

72fl, Very Nice!  The "before" picture looked pretty good to Me...but, the "after" is pretty sweet.  Nice Job.  I have a Buddy with a 91' Heritage that is somewhat the same color scheme as Your "after" photo.  We have always called it the "Creamsickle".  Again Nice Job!  :up:

rockman96

Quote from: rockman96 on October 09, 2021, 03:36:53 PM

I'll try this again... I didn't notice the 'Attachments' option earlier. Thanks!

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

72fl

Quote from: Fugawee on October 10, 2021, 08:35:48 AM
72fl, Very Nice!  The "before" picture looked pretty good to Me...but, the "after" is pretty sweet.  Nice Job.  I have a Buddy with a 91' Heritage that is somewhat the same color scheme as Your "after" photo.  We have always called it the "Creamsickle".  Again Nice Job!  :up:

Thank you, Folks call mine the Dreamsikle. LOL

Reddog74usa

I like it. Has a serious look to it  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

bump

Ran in to some money not a lot but enough to do top end. Put in new rings, valves, and valve guides.
Fired it up and let it run until warm. Adjusted carb and she sounds good to go. Will check torques again if it warms up might try a little ride.
Couple pics when finished.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

That last one while waiting for parts.

Fugawee

Nice!  I have a Buddy of mine that has a 77' Shovel, similar in looks...minus the window, s-bags, and tool box.
Good Luck on the Test Ride.

Phu Cat

Ya can't beat those Shovelheads for good soundin machines, even thru mufflers.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

FLSTFIDave

2023 CVO Road Glide Whiskey Neat
2021 Pan America Special, Gray,  2003 Fatboy

guido4198

That's a dandy. Thanks for sharing. I've caught myself wishing many times over the years that I had kept my '78 Lowrider and just put it in the garage rather than trade it in for the '85 FXR I'm still riding. Have fun with that one..!!

bump

I guess I should have put this in shovelhead section. Guido I bought this bike in 78 and have rode it far enough that the odometer has turned over, shows 47000 now. I have been wanting to rebuild top end for couple years. Third time I have been through it in 43 years.

CraigArizona85248

Nice!  Beautiful bike. I just finished doing the top end on my panhead. Just in time for good riding weather since I'm in Arizona.

-Craig