April 27, 2024, 06:03:12 AM

News:

Show those Shovels!

Started by 76shuvlinoff, November 01, 2008, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

September 25, 2013, 05:43:23 PM #75 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:23:31 AM by 76shuvlinoff
Here's a couple pics Of a 1982 FLH I just bought today. I was able to get the original air cleaner, muffs, flex seat and derby cover with the bike. The guy even had the original 2 stripe Goodyear tires that came with the bike and there still a lot of tread left. This bike has the oil return hoses on the tappet blocks. 14K original miles.

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

CraigArizona85248

I love this thread!  What a killer score RD!!  What are your plans? Are you going to keep it like it is or install the stock pieces you got from the owner?  How cool that you've got the original double-strip Goodyears.  I'd put those on there if this was going to be a parage bike or show bike.  But if you're planning on riding it at speed, I don't think I'd put 30 year old rubber under it.

-Craig

Snuff™

DAMN SHARP LOOKING RIDE!  Maybe I'll take my '82 back to original.  Looks like I know where to get some nice pics.

Can't tell if you got a pin through the front clip of the saddlebags.  If not...Living on the Edge.

Question? :scratch:

Where's the bungee cords?
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Hogman

Reddog, :koolaid:  that thing is, SuhWEEEEEEET!!!   :up: :up:  :bike:
Hogman

Reddog74usa

I never had a green bike before but this one was just to nice to walk away from. I'm hoping this one doesn't harbor the curse. I to, like the color and the paint is in like new condition. It needed a battery and I was able to find a glass mat AGM for it to eliminate the possibility of any acid damage. The dealer wanted 140.00 for an acid battery and I was able to pick up the AGM for 89.00 In case anyone is looking for an AGM for a FLH here is the info on it. It's made by Adventure Power from Universal Power Group and the web site is at WWW.UPGI.COM the model number is UBVT-7 Nothin sucks more than to buy a nice set of pipes and have em destroyed by acid. I'm look'n into installing a pogo. Has anybody done this to one of theses later bikes using the smaller 45 pogo? Looks like the center post is open at the bottom with no way to bolt the pogo up. I think'n you have to weld a plate on the bottom and drill a hole for the pogo to mount. Once the post is in there how does it fit up? Loose, tight er just right?
Edit/Delete Message
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

96flhpi

I put a pogo on my '82 by making a 16 gauge steel bracket and bolting it to the frame cross member just because I have no welding skills.  You need the the 45 pogo like you said.  Also turn down the 45 bushing until it fits the top of the post tube.  The post is too loose and the seat was slightly flopping left to right prior to that.

BTW great looking scoot, saved the pics to my hard drive.  I'd love to get my hands on one of those #1 points covers but not for the ransom they go for on e-bay. 

FXGB

Some real nice shovels in here...

My daily ride for the past couple years has been an '83 FXDG;

Ad I'm presently working the bugs out of this 98"er.

remington007

Quote from: FXGB on October 19, 2013, 04:58:37 PM
Some real nice shovels in here...

My daily ride for the past couple years has been an '83 FXDG;

Ad I'm presently working the bugs out of this 98"er.

Love the 2-1 pipe on that 98 incher! Is that home made?

FXGB

November 01, 2013, 08:00:50 AM #83 Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:06:18 AM by FXGB
Thanks. The 2:1 started as pieces; FL front and FXWG rear. The collector and hanger were made from scratch.

Old Crow

Well crap!  Here I was just saying I don't have any motorcycle related projects other than maintenance that interest me this winter.  :emoGroan:

How's it run with that pipe?
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

FXGB

Quote from: Old Crow on November 01, 2013, 01:06:58 PM

How's it run with that pipe?

To soon to tell... Only about 300 miles on her. After chasing down and killing a couple gremlins, I started playing with the setup a couple days ago. I went from 12 to 20 discs in the Supertrapp, but fried the electronic ignition on the test run. Replaced that and went for a test ride yesterday but ended up chasing the curve due to pinging.

Re-gapped the plugs and welded up the cracked chain guard last night, powder coated this morning and wanted to test & tune this afternoon... Looked at the forecast; 10" of snow this weekend; ended up tuning up the snowblower instead.

82FLT

Old Crow

Heh, glad to see you at least left the frame alone.  :hyst:

Nice looking bike, Arby.  I really like the exhaust, the front end, the back end, the engine and pretty much the whole bike...except for the tank.  Needs a 4 gal Mustang tank on it.

76shuvlinoff

Yeah it looks great and I understand the tank you chose.... because I have one of those seats and a boney old man ass.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Old Crow

You got a good point there Mark, and my ass may be an old man ass, but it's far from bony.
I just have a thing about those Sporty tanks...even my Sporty didn't have one.

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: Old Crow on December 14, 2013, 03:20:34 AM
You got a good point there Mark, and my ass may be an old man ass, but it's far from bony.
I just have a thing about those Sporty tanks...even my Sporty didn't have one.

In 02 3 of us rode down to Lil' Sturgis KY from MI. My 76 FLH, an evo FatBoy, and a buddy on an 82 Sporty. He was on reserve every 92 miles. We got to stretch our legs often.  :teeth:  That's ok, it rained from Indy to Evansville.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

GEEBO

My 72 and 74 both gone now but not forgotten.
G.

92Fatty

Quote from: wjfullauto39 on February 27, 2014, 04:40:02 PM
My 1980 FXWG.

One of these days I'm going to find a shovel project and I want to look just like that when done.

Kerb

Jbmzilla

Yo! I'm new here so here's my bike!

Ratman1640

78 FLH restored finally !! What can I say I just love a blacked out bike and less chrome to polish too. Took me 3 months and the oil lines where a pain !!! but the end results look great !! IMO , Mike
where every you go..... there you are.......

jmorton10

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Old Crow

Nice to see someone can build a custom without an 18" wide back tire.  I'd ride that in a heartbeat.

Yeah, yeah, I'd be laid up with my back for a week afterwards, but from the looks of the bike, it'd be worth it.

HotRodShovel

Roger that Crow. 👍Beautiful machine JMorton.
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John