March 28, 2024, 03:23:31 AM

News:

Show those Shovels!

Started by 76shuvlinoff, November 01, 2008, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKBull

fbn ent

Nice! Think I am going to re-bar my '84 this year.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

HotRodShovel

Bull...hey  you are on top of this...nice to see that beauty on HTT
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John

jls 64

Bull!..... nice shovel.congrats.
js

motorplex88

Bull that's a nice bike. Saddlebag tail lights look to be late 40's early 50's chevy lights ???

Benjie40

Quote from: 83FXRS on January 14, 2015, 03:19:31 PM
Here is my 1983 FXRS

Stock bore and stroke
S&S Cylinders
stock heads
9.5/1 WISECO forged pistons
Andrews A2 cam (thinking about going to a Leineweber L3S, comments please)
S&S Super E
Paughco Replica FXR exhaust

I am tall so went with the forward controls instead of mids
Paint scheme is same colors as was stock, Vivid Black with gold pin stripe and decals. 
Yes it has the wrong front fender for the year.  I think it looks better.

That's a Beautiful bike... So smooth... I'm running the A2 as well at 9.0:1... Great cam... Nice bike Man....

Benjie40

April 16, 2019, 01:07:15 PM #256 Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:27:23 PM by Benjie40
Quote from: AaronWWC on February 19, 2017, 06:21:03 PM
Here's mine. It started life as a 1983 FXSB. It is now 98", 11.7:1 static compression, Redshift 625 cam, 5 in a 4 trans, and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten.
That is one sweet ride, nice job man..... Too bad the pics didn't show up...

Benjie40

It's truly my go to..... 77 FX converted to a FXE....

htscheg

Dangit_Dave

May 06, 2019, 07:14:05 PM #259 Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 07:18:34 PM by Dangit_Dave
Deleated by poster.

Snydcat

My 74...Swap Meet Special..Just put some new handlebars on..

Hossamania

Nice looking scoot! Are those bars from Exile cycle? I like the clean riser setup.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Snydcat

I got them from Throttle Addiction..called Hell Divers and I just knocked the shine off the chrome alittle bit. Love em

motorplex88

Here's Johnny !! Titled as an 83 "homemade" . Nothing 83 about it. Just a bunch of crap throwed together one piece at a time. Been riding it for over 20 years.

Hossamania

Sure, '83, I can see it...
Nice looking scoot.

motorplex88

This was somewhat of a basket case my son in law brought to my shop. Never did figure out why previous owner took it apart. Painted the tins and put it all back together. Turned out to be a good bar hopper. 76 model.

Hossamania

Quote from: motorplex88 on July 19, 2019, 09:43:24 AM
This was somewhat of a basket case my son in law brought to my shop. Never did figure out why previous owner took it apart. Painted the tins and put it all back together. Turned out to be a good bar hopper. 76 model.

Nice! And it has the proper pipes.

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: motorplex88 on July 19, 2019, 09:43:24 AM

Nice but it's interesting you specified bar hopper. When I had that seat on my 76 I loved the profile but I didn't want to ride much farther than a bar myself. However, I do suffer from Noassatall  :hyst:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

motorplex88

72fl

Went on a little road trip yesterday to take a look at this one the guy is selling. It is very very nice and has the OEM Rack and Locking Tour Pak and also the OEM bags, the bags on it are not the OEM, they are put away. Bike runs like a Shovel fired right up and idled with the smoothest of Potato's, engine has been split and all rebuilt complete he has all the paperwork.

Hossamania

david lee

something different i suppose

JW113

Different how? Differnet than the generic looking slugs off the showroom floor these days? Looks quite classic to me. I'm with Hoss, a eye catcher. How could you walk through a line of new blah blah blah Twin Cams and not notice that classy lookng machine parked along side?

Actually, I think I can understand. I go down the our local dealer on my '77, park it in the lot, and I might as well be invisible. Nobody looks at it or me, or asks hey man what year is that bike? Harley riders. Yeah. Right.
:sick:

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

guppymech

Quote from: JW113 on August 16, 2019, 08:57:37 PM

Actually, I think I can understand. I go down the our local dealer on my '77, park it in the lot, and I might as well be invisible. Nobody looks at it or me, or asks hey man what year is that bike? Harley riders. Yeah. Right.
:sick:

-JW

Very True! I get the same response when I take the Super Glide out.  It's sad the lack of knowledge of the MoCo's history these people have....even the salesmen.
'84 FXE, '02 883R

72fl

Quote from: david lee on August 16, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
something different i suppose

Different ? I guess if it's not BLACK it's Different, give me a break  :wtf: it is a Damn Nice Shovelhead that can be bought for less than $10k