May 04, 2024, 07:23:35 AM

News:

Wish I'd had a radar detector, or do I ?

Started by RKC03, November 21, 2008, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

By the title of my post ya can probably guess what happened.....speeding ticket.  :cry:  :emsad:  :dgust: I knew that I had been lucky past few months...and guess I was lucky today (got a speeding ticket, but if I had been zapped by that radar gun earlier woulda been 10-15 mph worse). The cop that gave me the ticket was a motorcycle cop ordinaryily (it was 27 degrees when I went for my short 50 mile ride  :wink: ) Guess thats too cold for the Police.... he said 2-3 times he was sorry we had to meet that way...and I really think he meant it....just too many of his "coworkers" at the scene (5-6 cop cars and officers). The good thing was I was "only going 20 mph over the speed limit and not 25mph (no court appearance).  :embarrassed: I suppose I'm gonna have to work some O/T or forego the cam/headwork on the softtail for a while.  :emsad: ,1st ticket I've had in 9 years. The "KING" just runs too strong, can't be happy enough with going 0-60 in X time...Nooooooo I haveta go fast fast. If I did have a radar detecter...just be one more ticket...RIGHT?   RKC03
RKC03

harleyjt

I used to run with a radar detector years ago when the country had that asinine national 55 limit.  Saved me from a number of tickets back in the day, but now with instant on radar and a lot of laser enforcement, I suspect all it would do is just announce that I just got a ticket.  Besides, with a 70 mph limit around here on Interstates, I run a comfortable +10 and they don't pay any attention to me at all. They're looking for the ones running +15 and +20 and more.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

Ultrashovel

Quote from: RKC03 on November 21, 2008, 04:25:55 PM
By the title of my post ya can probably guess what happened.....speeding ticket.  :cry:  :emsad:  :dgust: I knew that I had been lucky past few months...and guess I was lucky today (got a speeding ticket, but if I had been zapped by that radar gun earlier woulda been 10-15 mph worse). The cop that gave me the ticket was a motorcycle cop ordinaryily (it was 27 degrees when I went for my short 50 mile ride  :wink: ) Guess thats too cold for the Police.... he said 2-3 times he was sorry we had to meet that way...and I really think he meant it....just too many of his "coworkers" at the scene (5-6 cop cars and officers). The good thing was I was "only going 20 mph over the speed limit and not 25mph (no court appearance).  :embarrassed: I suppose I'm gonna have to work some O/T or forego the cam/headwork on the softtail for a while.  :emsad: ,1st ticket I've had in 9 years. The "KING" just runs too strong, can't be happy enough with going 0-60 in X time...Nooooooo I haveta go fast fast. If I did have a radar detecter...just be one more ticket...RIGHT?   RKC03

If you can, sign up for Traffic School. You willk still have to pay the fine but the abstract of judgment won't be recorded so no points and no insurance increase.

I got a speeding ticket in my Lincoln Town Car about 20 years ago. 72 in a 55 onradar. Hee Hee. I signed up for the "Pizza Comedy Traffic School" It cost me $30 but they had a lady comedian that was funny as hell. It lasted 8 hours but at noon they brought in about ten big pepperoni pizzas and a dozen liter bottles of soda and a bunch of cups and napkins. Most fun I've had in a long time.

moose

hind site if always good. I run with a valentine 1 radar detector and have no tickets. Call it luck of whatever that is the best one I have ever used

moose

sorry to hear about your experience
Moose aka Glenn-

JohnnyM

My legal problems on the bike have been few and far between.  Texas LEO are motorcycle friendly and much of the interstates have an 85 mph speed limit.  But after getting 3 warning tickets this year I am due.  One of the warnings for 94 in a 70 still has me wondering what it would take to get a ticket.

RKC03

WOW, you approaching "lethal weapon" speed there, won't have to appear in court, 25 + gets you in front of judge here!
                                                                RKC03
RKC03

Panzer

November 22, 2008, 07:18:46 AM #6 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:37:38 AM by Panzer
Yikes..........25+ would get you the electric chair here in Pa., then they hang you by the nearest tree for good measure.  :sad:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Dennis The Menace

Wont do you a lot of good here in Colorado.....lots of lasers here.  Once it goes off, they already have yer ass.  Dont ask me how I know.

Menace

RKC03

The Guys on here ever use their CB's to be aware of speed traps? A co-worker showed me a website listing  :wink: , I shouda checked it out yesterday  :cry: , after did my business in town (~45 min.), had to pass that way again, and they were'nt there then  :emsad: , if I'd wooda timed it little better would'nt owe the state.  :dgust:   
                                                             RKC03     
RKC03

Phu Cat

Nooooooo I have ta go fast fast.    I understand completely.  Me, too.  Finally bought a bike with a cruise control and that really helped.

When I have that need to rip one hard, I ride that section of road at the speed limit, then turn around and burn up the highway.  The chance of law enforcement showing up in that time frame is greatly reduced, altho not completely eliminated.  Good luck.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

tireater

I was on the freeway doing about 100 trying to catch up to a buddy as we rode between bars at night....
A cop snuck up on me and did the lights and siren 6" behind me...I took my time pulling over...
That let my buddy get away...I thought...When I pulled over the cop went shooting by me and chased my buddy...
I used that moment to take the next exit and find a good hiding place. I called my buddy a half hour later...
The cop pulled up to him and said over the PA to keep it under 75...AND DON'T FORGET TO TELL YOUR BUDDY....ANDRE'...!
He has radar, always rides too fast and gets pulled over often...He usually gets over due to his swift boat bronze star....
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

jaxhog

Nooooooo I have ta go fast fast.    I understand completely.  Me, too.  Finally bought a bike with a cruise control and that really helped.

When I have that need to rip one hard, I ride that section of road at the speed limit, then turn around and burn up the highway.  The chance of law enforcement showing up in that time frame is greatly reduced, altho not completely eliminated.  Good luck.

Altho not complelely eliminated>   My last two tickets were llike this on the same stretch of road first one he had stopped to pee and heard me go thru the gears so he just got ready and waited should be glad he only clocked me at 78 in a 60!   next one bout a year and half later i had changed out the rear tire and went out to check it out, turned around and got on it for about 3 mi.  when he stopped me he said his first clock showed 127mph he thought something was wrong with his radar and re shot me it locked in at 113 and that is where he wrote me. $250 and $47 costs! i'll have all my points back in June!     jack

Lew

A friend of mine wanted a radar detector so his OL bought him one.  Had it installed for about a month and got pulled over by the SP.  Cop told him he pulled him over to warn him to slow down but after seeing the radar detector gave him a speeding ticket....and a ticket for the detector also....happy.... 
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Coff 06

Online Traffic School, I'm in the middle of one right now,only 15.00 for CA,only 30.00 more to court than just paying the ticket,no points,as long as you/or me don't get another one.    Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

88b

I've been caught so many times in America, including the famous 122mph on the Florida Turnpike  :embarrassed: that was expensive. The old UK licenses never had our picture or date of birth on them, the confusion that usually caused helps a little.
In Europe , they have to allow us 10% margin for speedo claibration and tyre wear. What I've done is note the speeds on my GPS against the speedo, so I know when my RG is showing 79 mph it's doing a true 73 mph. We have a lot of speed cameras here usually in 30 mph limits, I know I can run at 35 mph on the bikes speedo with a problem through them. If you get caught doing 30 or more over the limit here, it's an instant ban for dangerous driving.

RKC03

Coff 06, ya reckin they have a website in each state? can ya tell me what the site is in Ca., may be able to figure it out for my state from that.  :teeth:  TIA   RKC03
RKC03