May 05, 2024, 07:45:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FLSTS loose front fender

Started by Ironheadmike, April 30, 2024, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote, lilchief, Acetxx, xlfan (+ 2 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ironheadmike

I never noticed before . When I was washing my bike the front fender  has about 1/4 inch rock from front to back . Is this normal?

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

road-dawgs1

Probably have to tighten up the bolts. I assume they still put on those lock plate plates where the tab edges get bent over the bolt so they don't come off.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

smoserx1

QuoteProbably have to tighten up the bolts. I assume they still put on those lock plate plates where the tab edges get bent over the bolt so they don't come off.

I wonder how many people have left them off, deliberately, from laziness or plain old neglect?

Hossamania

Quote from: smoserx1 on Today at 04:39:22 PM
QuoteProbably have to tighten up the bolts. I assume they still put on those lock plate plates where the tab edges get bent over the bolt so they don't come off.

I wonder how many people have left them off, deliberately, from laziness or plain old neglect?

I left mine off, but used picture on the bolts.
Correct procedure? Maybe not, but so far so good (almost 20 years and a lot of miles).
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.