May 01, 2024, 04:27:06 PM

News:

LYNDALL BRAKE PADS

Started by seigles, November 21, 2008, 03:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seigles

Other than Cyclespot, where is the best place to order Lyndall brake pads?

Big Dan

Directly from Lyndall. They give a discount to HTT members.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

noliners

Best Money I have spent on my bike...what a difference...
131 Roadking "No Replacement for Displacement"

Jim Bronson

What type of Lyndall do you use?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Rydr2

I have mine since 04 and still look good.  I use the Lyndall gold.

randallwhitman

I recently put the gold pads in my old shovel.  What a difference.  They tend to squeak when the brakes are initially applied.  I took them out and cleaned the pistons with brake cleaner, then used brake lube on the backs of the pads, and they still squeak a bit.  Anyone else have the same experience with them?
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

adayrider

Quote from: randallwhitman on November 22, 2008, 08:52:33 AM
I recently put the gold pads in my old shovel.  What a difference.  They tend to squeak when the brakes are initially applied.  I took them out and cleaned the pistons with brake cleaner, then used brake lube on the backs of the pads, and they still squeak a bit.  Anyone else have the same experience with them?

Yep I sure do!! Mine squeak bad!!! Only on the rear though. Its so bad that will probably change them for somthing else for next season.

truck

Quote from: adayrider on November 22, 2008, 11:51:23 AM
Quote from: randallwhitman on November 22, 2008, 08:52:33 AM

Yep I sure do!! Mine squeak bad!!! Only on the rear though. Its so bad that will probably change them for somthing else for next season.

Don't give up on them! Call Lyndall at their toll free number for some ideas, they might even send you some new pads for your inconvenience, they are very customer friendly.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

PosseRider

Mine have never squeaked. This is my second set .
PosseRider
Vandalia,Ohio

Lew

Slightly chamfering the leading edge sometimes helps quiet squealing pads.
Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

randallwhitman

Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

Lew

Yes.  I use a course flat file.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Jim Bronson

still_havinfun

i've been running the z pads for quite some time now. they came with a tube of special gook for the rear side of the pads and they didn't squeek for  quite a while. this year they do squeel a bit but i have noticed that if you squirt a water hose on the pads before you go riding, they don't squeek at all.
these pads are quite an improvement over the stock pads. i also installed their rear stainless rotor and the pads have a spacer welded to the back because their stainless stock they make their rotors from is of a smaller diameter than the oem rotor on my bike. 89flhtcu

truck

Quote from: still_havinfun on November 24, 2008, 11:20:00 AM
I've been running the z pads for quite some time now. they came with a tube of special gook for the rear side of the pads and they didn't squeek for  quite a while. this year they do squeel a bit but i have noticed that if you squirt a water hose on the pads before you go riding, they don't squeek at all.
these pads are quite an improvement over the stock pads. i also installed their rear stainless rotor and the pads have a spacer welded to the back because their stainless stock they make their rotors from is of a smaller diameter than the oem rotor on my bike. 89flhtcu
My Z's react just the opposite, they squeal a little when wet but are quiet when dry and the lack of dust is a bonus.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Jim Bronson

Sounds like a coin flip to decide z versus gold.

03deuce

Give Lyndall a call and ask for their recommendation.  If you buy, don't forget to ask for the discount.

Mi_RDGlide

I bought Zs from cycle spot, rear squealed front did not, called Lyndall they sent me a new set after I showed them my receipt. I did have to send the old set back to them.

Great customer service.
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.