May 08, 2024, 12:16:07 PM

News:

TTS & windows 7

Started by TOMCENTRAL, December 09, 2009, 08:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMCENTRAL

Will the TTS handle the new windows 7 operating system(or vice versa)?Regards,Tom

hrdtail78

Works great.  Only problem I have encountered is.  If I shut down the bike as the Data Master is still recording it locks everything up, including dyno software.  This is different from just the TTS programs locking up with XP pro.  I pull up task manager and close Data Master that way and everything unlocks.  I think this is a TTS problem more than a windows problem.  Or truth be told it's a me problem.  I was clearly taught to stop recording before I shut down the bike. :embarrassed:
Semper Fi

FLTRI

Quote from: hrdtail78 on December 09, 2009, 11:46:43 AM
...I was clearly taught to stop recording before I shut down the bike. :embarrassed:
:up: :up:
Don't feel like the lone ranger. I've done it more than once. :embarrassed:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

HarleyFranco

Tom,

You can try to right click on the executable file and select compatibility mode.  It will allow you to fool the program into thinking it is running on another version of windows.  Worth a try.

Frank

Steve Cole

A quick fix for shutting the bike down while still logging is to turn the key back on, then stop the log.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

glens

Hey, that was my little secret!

Steve Cole

We will be doing a full check out of Windows 7 starting the first of the year. So far things have been working but with all the new things in 7 we may make a few changes.

hrdtail78

Steve,

Heard a rumor that you guys might be doing something with the run numbering for winpep.  Or more of a description of the run.  2% changing to 5% then 7% automaticly.  Any truth to that?
Semper Fi

glens

Steve, if you're going to be changing some things, please, please consider doing your stuff in Java.  It would be so nice to never have to boot Windows again.

Steve Cole

We are working on a number of things that I cannot talk about, but I do not know what you mean like a dynojet numbering thing? As far as rewriting the product maybe sometime into the future but for now it's just a full checkout for Windows 7.

TXP

Steve. I think what he is referring to is a rumour that you guys at TTS are working on a "TuningLinK" type program with Dynojet for the MasterTune which would link the Dyno and Tuner as it currently does with the Powercommander product. This is not the first time I've heard this. I guess it might make things faster for those who tune at Rally's and such. Oh well, the rumour mill is always active as 2010 trade show time gets closer.