May 09, 2024, 12:31:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FXR sissy bar set-up

Started by hotbo, February 02, 2010, 05:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotbo

my wife has a 1990 FXR and i am wondering does anyone make a quick detach sissy bar set-up????cant seem to find much out there for this old of a model  :nix:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

hamrhal

Harley made one that bolted to the strut bolts between the fender and strut. I have one off a 94. Can get a pic if you want.

hal

hotbo

yes i have seen those imo that is not quick detach,im talking 1 that the side plates and all come off easily.have a set-up on my 99 WG.thanks
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

serider

I had a detachable sissy bar bracket on my 99 fxr3 that mounted to the fender under the seat. Easily removable but not a quick detach. Just two screws with no drilling or fender mods. It was an aftermarket part and right now i can't remember the name of the company. They were advertised in Thunder Press. If I can find a name or any info I will post it here.
                                serider
SERIDER
Upstate N.Y. (Southern Tier)

serider

hotbo-- Go to www.steelthundercc.com. Drop down to Frame and Body then to Sissy Bar and Pads. Scroll down till you find Plug N' Play Bracket. This was the first place I found it, but I'm sue there are others. It is made by J B Fabrication but their web site doesn't seem to work. HTH
                          serider

SERIDER
Upstate N.Y. (Southern Tier)