May 08, 2024, 10:10:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Solid Copper exhaust gaskets

Started by fuzznut5197, November 29, 2008, 11:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzznut5197

I'm making a list of things for my wife to stuff in my stocking, and can't find who sells these gaskets. Where do I gets these?

FSG

see below,

an alternative,

a copper alternative,

Can be found at,

http://www.denniskirk.com/1/5/novello-exhaust
http://www.wishd.com/eshopprod_cat_4035-16801_product_506078.NOVELLO_PERFORMANCE__EXHAUST_P.htm
[url="http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/catalog_item_detail.asp?catalog=4035&levelcode=16801&product=506078&cattype=&ProductCategoryCode="]http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/catalog_item_detail.asp?catalog=4035&levelcode=16801&product=506078&cattype=&ProductCategoryCode=[/url]

regardless of the gasket I've always found this helps.

fuzznut5197

Traveler733

Are the copper ones reusable? Looks like they would be. I'd like to try some to see.

Showdog75

I run the Kury gaskets by Cometic and they are the cats azz .

Clintster

I don't re-use this type.  They form to the position they are in.  For the cost I would replace, just my opinion.  You could ask the Cometic folks nice people, good business.
Drive fast, take chances

Showdog75

I see no problem re-using the solid copper type . I re-use mine with no prob .

fuzznut5197

I have had my exhaust on and off several times, and they always sealed perfectly as evidenced by the 360 of shiny copper sealing surface. But I had them locked in there, so same position, same pipe. If they fell out, I don't know if they would seal well again.

FSG

I remember somebody posting they distorted the gaskets slightly from round to oval so they became a tight fit and stayed in during the exhaust install process.

Mike52

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on November 29, 2008, 04:15:18 PM
I remember somebody posting they distorted the gaskets slightly from round to oval so they became a tight fit and stayed in during the exhaust install process.

They will not stay in the port if installed as they come out of the package, you will need to squeeze them very slightly, think egg shaped, to get them to stay in place while the pipe is installed.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Velocity1

Quote from: Mike52 on November 29, 2008, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on November 29, 2008, 04:15:18 PM

They will not stay in the port if installed as they come out of the package, you will need to squeeze them very slightly, think egg shaped, to get them to stay in place while the pipe is installed.

Mike

I put 4-5 drops of crazy glue around the gasket and stick it to either the pipe or the inside mating diameter of the head to hold it during exhaust assy.
'02 FX"Custom"ST
Go Big, or Go Home...

Don D

I will supply the Cometic composite steels for free with the heads.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

fuzznut5197

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 29, 2008, 08:01:15 PM

Cool!!!

You can toss the ones I forgot to remove, and when they come out, watch out for little retaining shims (I didn't want to "egg" them)  :embarrassed:

FSG

Quote from: Deweysheads on November 29, 2008, 08:01:15 PM

Now there's a price you cant beat with a stick.   :teeth:

nc-renegade

TR supplies the cometic exhaust gaskets with his kits as well as sells them.  I use the flat copper ones, however the new EX130 ones are very good.  The only down side they are single use whereas the flat copper can be reused.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP