March 28, 2024, 10:23:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

RIP Specialx1

Started by Hardley Davidson, February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardley Davidson

February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:43:56 AM by Coyote
Specialx1 passed away Sunday morning.  He was my best friend and mentor.  For those of us who knew him, we will ride with a broken heart, and for those of you who never had the privilege, now you know why it feels a little colder and darker today.

His absence leaves a BIG damn hole, but I know he's riding where there are no speed traps, no fuel stops and no traffic.   

Jeffd

:sad:

That is terrible news and my thoughts are with you and his family. 

Coyote

Snuff™

Thoughts and prayers go out.  :sad:

This ones to you Specialx1  :beer:

-Snuffâ,,¢
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Brrrap

:sad: Ride on brother,ride on :sad:
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

HroadhogD1

I am so sorry.  Rest in peace :rose:

smittyon66

:sad: Prayers sent for his family and friends
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

autoworker

You're going to be missed Luther.
Had some great times together in chat.
I'm greatful we got to spend time on here with you.

May God Bless You.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

HV

Wow......I'm shocked......... :sad: Our condolences to his friends and family ....
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

mayor

Wow, I'm shocked too.  :sad:  Condolences from my family to his family and loved ones as well.
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Grumpy : (

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers for family and friends.

Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

surf

Dang, that is a shock. My condolences.  :sad:

kik

My condolences to his family. I have said a prayer.  :sad:

marc

Damn...My condolonces...

Dennis The Menace

Wow!   Prayers to his family, and his friends.  This is do unexpected. May he ride forever in eternity without a helmet, the biggest motor, with only fellow riding buds in his company.  He will be missed.

Dennis

truck

:sad: Prayer said for Specialx1 and family.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

road-dawgs1

:sad: That sucks.  I enjoyed reading his posts.  Condolences.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

HDDOC

Will be greatly missed.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

tomcat-flstf

prayers sent to famly and friends :sad:

76shuvlinoff

don't know what to say,   :sad:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

hotbo

very sad   :sad: rip and godspeed to his family.
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

GaryD

Very sad. :sad:  In his memory  :beer:
You never think that friends are going to pass on. When they do, it's devistating. Peace be with you.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

x52gnr

2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

Deye76

Prayers sent.

What happened? Looks healthy in the photos.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

MrClean

Met him at the Minnesota meet and greet last year.

He will be missed.
These are the facts according to my opinions.

texaskatfish

utter shock - kneemail to all family & friends is on the way
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

CraigArizona85248

Truly sad news.  I never met him, but I know he had a lot of friends here.  My prayers for him and all his family and friends during this diffucult time.

-Craig

cheetah

Sorry to hear that, he will be missed  :rose: :cry: :rose:
Cheeta
Live Every Day if it was your Last
Cause it just might be

77S-Glide

guess i'm thick headed cause i had to re-read this 3 times to actually let it soak in and realize he was gone. such a great asset to man kind and he will be missed. Ride Special, Ride....
Dick

Rags722

:sad: Thoughts & prayers sent for Specialx1 and family.  :sad:

His humor will be missed  :beer:

Rags722

Re post http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,22857.0.html

Shedville & Earls Place will not be the the same without you!  You will be missed, and I for one am glad I had the chance to yack it up with you.   :sad:
Rags

PineyJoe

I did not know of the gentleman I have been out of the loop for a while...not good news, sorry to hear of your loss and the loss of a good member I'm sure.

HV

I second that post.. I only meet Special when he joined HTT and never got to meet him in person...we did talk in pm a few times about other things .... but you could tell he was a genuine good GUY ! ... He was always greeting new members and we all will miss his wit and jokes .. RIP My Friend .. you will be riding with many of us this summer  :up:
Skype HV.HTT

02roadcling

Well this is sure sad news.  :sad: We had a lot of fun on here.
My thoughts are with family and friends.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Dennis The Menace

I never met him either, but we were able to give either other a little crap now and then, all in good fun. Earls wont be the same without SpecialX1. I'm bummed out today.

Ride free, Luther.  And, save us a place in the Shed up there. Cuz we know we will find ya there!

Dennis

harpo1313

March 01, 2010, 07:22:54 AM #36 Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:28:02 AM by harpo1313
R.I.P specialx1 , thoughts to your family and friends

preacher son

March 01, 2010, 07:33:34 AM #37 Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:02:10 AM by preacher son
 Prayers to the family and friends. I too had a lot of fun in a short time with him on HTT.  A rider in the sky who will watch after all his brothers.  :sad:      Preacher Son
FTW          I've had a good life

JamLazyAss

This is a sad day for sure.
Was his passing expected or something sudden?
I'm sure many of the members would like to know.

I'm all teary eyed for a guy I never met...

I pray that you are in heaven Special1.  :sad:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

02roadcling

Had a lot of fun here.  :sad:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

notlost_nc

RIP.  My prayers and condolences to his friends and family.   :sad:
84 FLTC
05 FLHTCUI

Justpassingas

Thoughts and prayers sent :sad:
For Duty and Humanity

boooby1744

TweekmyTwin

My prayers to his family and friends... You will be missed.   RIP  :sad:
Kiss What ?

StrokerDave

Princess Butt

Please accept our condolences.

Specialx1, I sure hope there's some good roads on the other side..
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

blk-betty

Thoughts and prayers sent.   R.I.P.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

Hardley Davidson

Over the past few years Luther and I talked often about how much he loved this forum and how big a part of his life it had become.  He would be humbled by your thoughts and prayers.

He would also want me to share that despite riding 15-20k miles per summer, he didn't go on his bike.  More appropriately he left us while helping a young lady move.  Always offering to lend a hand and always with a smile!

FLTRI

My heart felt sympathies out to the friends and family. Great loss for sure. What happened?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

bhubb7

Prayers for his family he was the first one to respond to my post about my father-in-law needing prayers.
brian

CndUltra88

Quote from: Hardley Davidson on February 28, 2010, 10:52:20 PM
Specialx1 passed away Sunday morning.  He was my best friend and mentor.  For those of us who knew him, we will ride with a broken heart, and for those of you who never had the privilege, now you know why it feels a little colder and darker today.

His absence leaves a BIG damn hole, but I know he's riding where there are no speed traps, no fuel stops and no traffic.   

RIP
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

rking1550

:sad:  sorry for your loss and his family. Although I didn't know him personaly, I always enjoyed his commets  here.  :sad:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Dennis The Menace

Hardley, while we have kind words for Luther and his family, you should also know you are in our thoughts also--he was lucky to have a good friend like you.  Good to know he had a good brother while he was here.  Bless you, man.  Prayers for you, too.

Dennis

LilEvilAmy

:sad:  I'm in shock.... Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  R.I.P., Brother.   :sad:
~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

Evo1

Specialx1 was one of the good guys and truly "Special". We all benefited by his presence and humor. HTT is just a site that facilitates communication between members, it's the people like Special that made it great.

Special, I'm glad to have known you! You will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

BikerJim44

Oh man, I just can't believe this horribly sad news. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to Special's family and friends and you too especially Harley D. This is so sad. Prayers sent and may God Bless you Specialx1 in your new journey. R.I.P. :sad: Spidey.
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.

ctree

:sad: My condolences to Specialx1's family and friends.

jimrookie

I'm sad, His quick witted posts will be missed..prayers sent for his family and friends

Coyote

I regret I never got to meet Luther. We PM'd often and he was always willing to help here at HTT and add a fun flair to the place. Best wishes to his family. He will be missed.

Big_Bulky_RK

Just few thoughts I have for this tragic turn.  I always loved reading specialx1 replies.  They were sometimes fun to read and other times down right from the heart.  To me he was one of the best on here even though I never got to meet him, I feel in a way I did.  I'm not sure how he came up with his nickname on here.  I truly believe he never thought of himself as "special".   Maybe some of his closer friends can help us with this.
May God be with you and your family at this time.  Sadly, R.I.P. :sad:  Glen

P.S.
Jam,   Will Earls place remain........Moderators: JamLazyAss, specialx1 ?
Michigan,    Pot Hole Capital of the US

03deuce

Very sad news.  RIP brother!

rhino

He will be missed, my condolences to everyone

ANNIEFATS

There are 10 types of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't!

Clintster

Specialx1 contributions will be greatly missed.  Prayer and thoughts for friends and family.  RIP   :sad:  For those folks close to the man, I am so very sorry for your loss...       Clint
Drive fast, take chances

Lew

Wow, this is terrible news...I'm in shock....RIP Special  :sad:

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

HyperDetroit

My condolences to his family.  :sad:
Всё в руках божьих

HyperDetroit

Earl's place will not be the same without him  :sad:
Всё в руках божьих

Tsani

:sad:Not much I can say. My condolences to Luther's family and friends.  :sad:
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

JamLazyAss

Quote from: Big_Bulky_RK on March 01, 2010, 12:43:54 PM
Just few thoughts I have for this tragic turn.  I always loved reading specialx1 replies.  They were sometimes fun to read and other times down right from the heart.  To me he was one of the best on here even though I never got to meet him, I feel in a way I did.  I'm not sure how he came up with his nickname on here.  I truly believe he never thought of himself as "special".   Maybe some of his closer friends can help us with this.

P.S.
That's a decision that the admin's will have to make.
PS:
That was a great post you did. I think we all agree with you 100%. He will certainly be missed.

Hydroman

RIP Specialx1, I too always enjoyed your posts.
You will be missed by many here.
Condolences to specialx1's friends and family.
Basking in the wake of mediocore achievment

pendo31

Condolences to Specialx1's family and friends. RIP :sad:
East Providence, RI

ANNIEFATS

P.S.

Maybe Earls Place should be renamed Specialx1's Place.  That way he will always live on here at HTT. 
:up:
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't!

Hardley Davidson

He told me once that his name here came from his first email address years ago when he thought of himself as the #1 fan of Special Export beer, also nicknamed Specialx in this part of the country.  I like to think that it meant x-tra special 1.

FLTRI

Hardley,
Is it inappropriate to say what happened?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

CDeucer

My condolences to all the family and friends of specialx1. I always enjoyed reading his posts. Truly a loss for all. I agree that the "Shed" should be renamed for him. :sad:

ironbutt

"Old enough to know better, to young to resist".

truck

Quote from: JamLazyAss on March 01, 2010, 02:03:04 PM

P.S.
That's a decision that the admin's will have to make.
PS:
That was a great post you did. I think we all agree with you 100%. He will certainly be missed.

Right now I can tell you that there is something in the pipeline, details need to be worked out.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Low Glide

:sad:I don't get on here much, RIP Specialx.

wholehog

Panzer

Sad is not the word to describe this loss.
I am deeply saddened by this news. :cry:
I felt that I knew this man in many ways and I never met him in person.
At a meet and greet last year in Gettysburg, Pa. I was asked if I met Luther.(Specialx1)
I said no, why do you ask and his reply was, "because you two rag on each other so much, I thought you two were brothers".
That was a great compliment that I will cherish.
He talked to me about his heart throb, Leslie whom he cherished more then his bikes.
He told me himself that he was a teddy bear and he was, in many, many ways.
I just wish that I met you just once
I will miss you my brother. (we did call each other brother)   
This site will never be the same without you.
To you Luther, God bless and to your family as well.

Don
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

WideBoy04

RIP BRO. Condolences to family and friends.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

PoorUB

March 01, 2010, 04:03:36 PM #81 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:30:29 PM by Coyote
Wow! I just got home and turned on the 'puter, and saw this and at first I figured it was some twisted joke! (That would be normal for this bunch!). I met Luther last summer at a meet and great and although he was a character you could tell he was jsut a nice, decent man. He will be missed!
Here are a couple pics from the meet and greet. It was funny, I asked my wife to go take a few pictures of the bunch and next thing I know I look over and she is sitting on Special's lap! She did not know the guy at all, never meet him before, and there he is, already moving in on my wife trying to steal her away! (And he never did quit trying!) It was all in good fun, and I am sure Annie will miss him too!

[attach=0]
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

shobby dobby

So sorry to hear the news  I enjoyed reading his post and from this message you can tell alot members like him as well. From what picture's I have seen of him he look like a happy cheerful man , sound like he help anybody and give the shirt of his back   he will be Truely Missed. Prayers goes out to all his family and friends.

Shobby Dobby

FXDBI

God Bless and rest in peace ,your humor ,wit and brotherly love will be missed by all.

sonicskip

Rest in peace, Luther. You will be missed.

Skip
01 FXSTDI   Tucson,AZ

Superheat9

Truly a very sad day. He was one of the people who was always willing to help. I always read any post with his name on it.  I hope this isn't out of line..... HTT lost a valuable asset today.  PoorUB thank you for posting the picture. I never met the man but was glad to see his smiling face today.

:sad:  RIP Special X1  :sad:

mayor

I've never met him either, but I am truly sadened by this news. 

Hardley, has there been any arrangments made for Luther yet?  maybe we can take up a collection for flowers from the site?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Reddog74usa

I never met the man in person but really liked reading his posts. The pics look like he was a fun lovin Bro which his posts also indicated. May God Bless Your Soul my Friend. RIP :sad: RD
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

northbrun

As has been said before.. I felt like I knew specialx.
RIP bro.  :sad:

hdxbones

hawwk

March 01, 2010, 05:05:55 PM #90 Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:21:19 PM by hawwk
  :sad:Will be missed... Prayers  sent to family and freinds :sad:
Cambridge Ontario 
OFOPOS

No Problem

RIP specialx1 you will be missed prayers sent to family and friends      :sad: :cry:

05FLHTC

Very sad loosing one of our own, hope time moves quickly for us all as time is the only true healer. He will very much be missed here  :sad:

I'm very disappointed that I could not make the Minn greet last yr to meet him and the rest of the gang.

My sincere condolences to all his loved ones...

Count me in for the collection
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

JamLazyAss

What a great picture.
Specialx1 holding his can of spam, a gag gift from Panzer last year.
Thanks for re-posting it. 

starrider

March 01, 2010, 06:28:50 PM #94 Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:08:42 AM by Starrider
RIP Specialx1...condolences to friends and family... :sad:

Redleg

Hossamania

I just logged in and saw the sad news. My condolences to the family and friends.

I did get a chance to meet Special at last summer's Meet and Greet. I got a chance to talk with him alone for a while when we both snuck off to the bar for a couple of bumps. (Who'd have guessed?) He was genuinely a nice guy and quite enjoyable to spend time with.
I was really looking forward to seeing him again this summer.

A true loss.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Killer

Wow, so sad. RIP...
My condolences to Specialx1's family and friends. :sad:
You can see in the previous pix that he was a happy man.
The shed wont be the same without him. :emsad:
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

seattledyna

awful news!! I finally just got a chance to get back in here, I always enjoyed the snappy banter between him and the other guys, it just added a nice real touch to HTT...he will be missed for sure!

02ultrarider

rip special  :sad: I know I won't be the only one rereading some of his posts on the site. I can tell by that big smile that he was a fun person to be around.

Baggerlady

Wow! I just got on, and saw this post. At first I thought it was a joke too, Panzer flipping him some etc. I also enjoyed his bantering with everyone, and will miss him. Its hard to read all these posts without tearing up. My condolences to everyone who knew him and his family. I'm sure him and Samual are getting to know each other! And they have roads paved with gold and always the perfect weather. A great loss indeed. :sad:

hfdchief

I dont post much here but do enjoy reading the posts and always read specials posts.
RIP special, 
thoughts and prayers to family and friends,
Bill

apendejo

:sad:RIP SpecialX1, may God have mercy on your soul.
AP

mackdog

Like POORUB  I was fortunate to meet the BIG guy last summer at the meet and greet up here in Minnesota.  Let me tell youse, it was a pleasure, good, fun person.  My condolences to his family and really close friends, he will indeed be missed. Brian the MD :sad:

Hardley Davidson

Wake is Thursday March 4th from 5-8pm at

Albin Funeral Chapel
6855 Rowland Rd
Eden Prairie, MN  55344-3209 
Phone: (952) 871-1418 

Funeral services are Friday March 5th, visitation 10-11am, service starts at 11am at

St. Lukes Lutheran Church
1701 West Old Shakopee Rd.
Bloomington, MN 55431-3025
Phone: (952) 881-5801

apes

...his last post was 6:47am sunday morning...........

Hardley Davidson

Luther had a limited immediate family, but always told me his friends were his 'family'.  If you'd like to send flowers here is a local shop:

Carriere's Floral
108 W 98th St
Bloomington, MN 55420
(952) 884-4791

If you would like to donate money to the family, I will make sure they receive 100% of any donations and can take paypal if anyone desires to do that.

I have thought about what Luther would want, and I know this site was important to him.  If there are donations needed to operate HTT, he would love that. 

He also told me about a story of one member here sending him some items and even covering the shipping.  This moved him greatly that someone he barely knew, would be so selfless.  Maybe the administrators could start a room like swap meet, but called Special's X's and people could offer parts for free or items wanted for free.  Maybe even a fund for less fortunate to withdraw shipping costs.  He would love donations toward this and he would be soooo proud to have something like this to honor him!!!

Hardley Davidson

Quote from: apes on March 01, 2010, 11:28:16 PM
...his last post was 6:47am sunday morning...........

Yes, and he was gone within a couple hours.  Here is his last post:

"now that was good!1
Specialx1 "

I choose to think he was talking about his ride here on earth.......

shelleybelle_43

Any act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Sunny California

ripp13

Custom 1986 FXR Lowrider

wolfmotor1

Prayers and condolences.

Tre_11 FLHX

March 02, 2010, 02:19:54 AM #111 Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:46:08 PM by Tre_09UC
Wow- Not even sure what to say.  I sure will miss his quick wit with the rest of the Shed crew.

I am sure most that have read this thread are questioning thier own mortality.  I know it made me reflect on what is truly important to me and to live everyday as if it were my last.

I pray that Specialx1 is in the wind!

Mike

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Billy

Sad news for sure, RIP Specialx1.  :sad:
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

48pan

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

abogiant

mark61

RIP   :sad:

Thursday evening I will drink 1 to SpecialX1 and thank the blessing of having been exposed to such a good guy!

RK101

Prayer said for Specialx1 and family, He will be missed.  :sad:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

hotbo

Quote from: Hardley Davidson on March 01, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
Luther had a limited immediate family, but always told me his friends were his 'family'.  If you'd like to send flowers here is a local shop:

Carriere's Floral
108 W 98th St
Bloomington, MN 55420
(952) 884-4791

If you would like to donate money to the family, I will make sure they receive 100% of any donations and can take paypal if anyone desires to do that.

I have thought about what Luther would want, and I know this site was important to him.  If there are donations needed to operate HTT, he would love that. 

He also told me about a story of one member here sending him some items and even covering the shipping.  This moved him greatly that someone he barely knew, would be so selfless.  Maybe the administrators could start a room like swap meet, but called Special's X's and people could offer parts for free or items wanted for free.  Maybe even a fund for less fortunate to withdraw shipping costs.  He would love donations toward this and he would be soooo proud to have something like this to honor him!!!

HARDLEY.

i bought some pushrods and covers from him off of the swap meet section.he accidentally sent me to many items in the box,he needed the lower covers and springs ect,back.

i told him no biggie sent them back and i covered the shipping hell it wasn't much and my exact words were i screw up sometimes  to.threw our pms he seemed like a genuine feller and may god bless his soul.Travis  :up:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

Scooterfish

Thoughts & prayers to family and friends :sad: I never meet him but reading his posts sure added alot to this place. I like the idea of Specialx`s free swap mkt.

Ride`m while you can :up:
Northern Indiana

Evo160K

Our thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.  May he rest in peace.  :sad:

Sonny S.

wow...ya just never know. will definitly miss seeing him on HTT  :sad:
Prayers sent for friends and family

ULTRADOG

i am saddened by this news from the point of not getting to meet this man is a low point in my life he always either made me laugh or just wonder what the hell he was going to say next rest in peace my freind and panzer sorry about that wise crack if i would look before i write that wouldnt have gotten printed
                                                            ultradog :sad:
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

littlefrank

Very sad news.  :sad: Prayers for the family.

rabbit

Just getting this terrible news. So sorry. He will be missed by all. But may he not be forgotten.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Dalton GA

UltraManPaul

I am shocked to see this. I always enjoyed reading his posts. I never new him personally, but from what I read in his posts, it would have been easy for me to call him friend. I feel like I missed an opportunity to make a really good friend. Rest in peace Specialx1, God bless you and bring you Home.

UMP
2015 FLHTK, SE Agitator AF, SE Slip-ons, Chrome front end.

ksshovelman

I will miss his posts.  Sad time here on HTT for sure...

jerite

Less is more....let's keep it simple!

mrmike

Been off-line for a little while,

He's one of the names you always recognised and posts you always read.
The shots traded between him and Panzer are what make this site and it's members so much more than just a Tech site.

Thanks for the smiles Specialx

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Clayster

:sad: Very sad news indeed.  RIP Special... :sad:

Diggs223

" I can't " .... means, I don't want to.

BanditLoon2003

RIP Brother!  :sad: :beer: You will not be forgotten!!!!!!!  Thank You Bandit

-deuced-

condolences to family and friends
a sad loss  :sad:

rad3766

God bless you Special, RIP.
Thoughts and prayers offered up for friends and family.
98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

crazy joe

I am very sad to here the news of Specialx1 Passing away. He must have been
a "Special" person to have touched so many hearts including mine. I always
enjoyed reading what he had to say. Thoughts and Prayers go out to his Family
and Friends. Godspeed Specialx1.

TwistedSister

another one  that  will  be  remebered  for  the  laughter  he  brought  to  many !

"SPECIALx1"  pretty  much  says  it all. ..
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

HIPPO

tinkerman

My condolences to Special's family and friends. He certainly was a contributer here in many ways and will be missed at HTT.

RIP Specialx

tink
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

serider

I haven't been a member long, but I quickly learned if Specialx1 posted it you never know what bit of wisdom or wit it would contain. I didn't know him personally but I will miss him as we all will.
                :rose:RIP Special :rose:

serider
SERIDER
Upstate N.Y. (Southern Tier)

f-x-d-w-g

"Potty mouth"!  :cry:

I've been out of town and this is such a shock on returning.  Prayers and condolences to Special's family.  May he ride in peace forever...
Dan
Tijeras, NM

DGlide04

It sure seems like everyone loved reading the posts with jokes, jabs or other humorous items.  Like most, I never got to meet him but did look forward to the posts.  R.I.P. :sad:

ceduby

March 03, 2010, 10:31:52 AM #140 Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:34:39 AM by ceduby
Damn!! Gonna miss him. I too really enjoyed reading his posts. RIP Special, see ya on the other side
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

HarleyFranco

I'm shocked, just saw this.  Rip Specialx hope there is no shed in heaven.

:rose:

JC 92FXRS

Just saw this as well, very sad indeed.
RIP Special.
Jeff
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

64 Panhead

I was lucky to meet Special x1 last summer at the Minnesota Meet & Greet an had a great time with him and the others that showed up,  YES he will be MISSED,, may he R.I.P.    ..... 64 Panhead.

Hardley Davidson

Thanks to ALL of you, for the kind thoughts and wishes.  I can tell you Special is blushing, grinning and very humbled by the out-pooring.  I'm blown away, but not surprised that he touched so many.  He had a way of making a 'special' connection with all who crossed his path.  And he valued each and every one of those connections.  You guys are the greatest.  THANKS!

mark61

oldkinda

Hi, this is Judy, Luther's (Specialx1) sister. This evening was the wake for Luther and I want to thank you all for the beautiful flowers from HTT in his memory. I also want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, which are very much appreciated. It makes my heart glad to know he had so many good friends.

I know that HTT meant a lot to him and that he spent a lot of time here. I know you will all miss him, and he had some special relationships with you. I'm a little envious because he's with our mom and dad before me. Take care, and thanx again.

Ride Hard. Live Free.

Moosedeuce

fxstdavew

Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

dawiech

Couple things for all you Specialx buds...
If your going to change the name of Earls in honor of Luther it should be Lumpy's.  That is the name I got to know him by when we were young and the name that many, including my mother, called him to this day. 
I met Luther when all we could ride with two wheels didn't have a motor.  It was called a bicycle. 
Special Export was the name of a beer.  It was the highest alcohol content beer at the time many years ago.  I think you can still find it and you should buy some.  Don't drink it like normal beer...it isn't.
Reading all your posts warms my heart.  I was most surprised to learn that Luther could actually type...I should remember to never underestimate Lutie.
I just got back from having a Luther send off at his favorite bar in beautiful downtown Bloomington, MN.  David Fongs
D-boy, Joe, Irvy, LA and myself were in attendance "de baarg" couldn't make it.  We all hardly knew Lumpy's family, much like I do not know any of you.  Hard for me to imagine that he has touched so many people, but as I said, don't underestimate the big guy. 
I can only hope to be remembered as he was today.  Another friend of ours didn't realize I was at the funeral today as I live in Milwaukee, WI. He sent me an email recapping the event and I will share it with you.

Dean

I went to Luther’s funeral today. Probably the best one I’ve been to and I don’t like them. It was the family speaking about their experiences with “Lumpy” and a host of stories that made people laugh and cry.  The time he and some friends jumped a freight train and when it started going too fast everyone jumped off but it was going too fast for him to jump so he rode it to St. Louis Park and hitchhiked home. His friends were too scared to tell their folks so they pretended nothing happened. When they finally talked to him all he said was “No big thing”.  I guess that was his usual comment about things. They talked about the things that Luther taught them and the things he did for them. Quite a guy! There were 25-30 scooters outside the church and quite a bit of leather inside the church. He was the newcomer greeter to the chat line, Harley Tech Talk. Lots of comments on both links from all over the world. Have a good one!

Denny

I think Denny's been riding two wheeled bikes with a motor since Luther and the rest of us were on ours without.  Thanks for all the comments.  They are very nice and I know his sister appreciated them as she spoke of them today at the funeral.

Panzer

Dawiech,
                    Thanks !!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

rbonner

Aww, I just saw the RIP blurp in the upper right corner.  This has been going on for days.  I should have been up in the cities...  Sorry guys my bad for not looking around the site better.

Ride on Luther,

BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper

texaskatfish

dawiech,

Was (or is) that 'Specialx' brew a Molson product?

PoorUB

Quote from: texaskatfish on March 08, 2010, 05:05:11 PM
dawiech,

Was (or is) that 'Specialx' brew a Molson product?

From talking to his friends, pretty sure this is what he was drinking, and where the screen name came from!
http://www.special-export.com/
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

JamLazyAss

Oh man, that stuff is made by Pabst.  :dgust:

Hossamania

Special Export-- affectionately referred to as  "Green Death." It would kick your as$!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

texaskatfish

OK yall thnx.........................different 'X' ah reckon

Molson X seems to be what I recall(barely) - up at 'The Royal' in Kingston ON..................some partyin folks up yonder to be sure

Ladywhit

My name is Leslie Whitley and I was Luthers sister in law. He was married to my sister Laurie, who passed away seven years ago.
I just had to take a minute to say THANK YOU to all of his friends at HTT. I am touched with the outpouring of love and friendship that you all have shown to him and his family and friends that I dont know what to say. The beautiful flowers you sent to the funeral are sitting on my table now and everytime I walk by them I can feel the love you all had for him.
Even though few of you had the priviledge to meet Luther in person, from what i have read, you all knew him. He was the most loving, honest, thoughtful, caring, unselfish, yet unedited (as you well know) man I have ever known.

Ladywhit

I think i ran out of room. Sorry...but wanted to finish my reply.
Luther cared so much about people, and even people he hardly even knew. It does not surprise me that he was a Greeter and was also the class clown. He was a wise man (and sometimes a wise ass!)and I know that he helped many of you in special ways. I will miss him so much, but am comforted by the fact that he touched so many peoples lives other than just mine. But thanks again for all your words of support...it means the world to all of us.
He was definitely SPECIAL...and always will be. Ride Luther Ride....you are now Free.

Dennis The Menace

ladywhit, yepp I always referred to him as Special, too. We teased each other a lot, even though we never met.  My loss, I am sure.  But, I told him we will ride the eternal highway when I get there, so I have that to look forward to.  I just hope he doesnt offer me a SpecialEx. 

Had some friends in LA (Los Angeles) in my younger days that were from Minnesota, and they drank it all the time--no problem finding it in LA.  But, it was some wicked stuff, whew.

Special, ya got that?  No SpecialEx for me, brother.  Make sure ya got my bottle of Jack when I get there, or I'm comng back here!  lol

Dennis

HV

Ladywhit
Luther touched all he talked to here on HTT ..we were all saddened by his passing so soon...but his smile and unending humour will remain with us all as long as we are here ...he was the self appointed official greeter on the site and I'm sure up above he is greeting all he can from down here  :up:
Skype HV.HTT