May 09, 2024, 09:25:16 AM

News:

TTS DataMaster Dyno Data Runs

Started by hog yild, March 02, 2010, 04:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hog yild

I was looking through the types of data runs you can do with TTS DataMaster.
One of them is Dyno Data, has anyone used this feature and with what amount of luck?
Compared it to an actual Dyno?
Any tricks or setup steps?
2015 Superior Blue Limited

Steve Cole

The only trick is to make sure and use the same setup each time. You must select your bike and the gear in which the test is being performed. In our testing if setup correctly we found it to be within 5% of what a dyno gives you for numbers. It's real use is for doing a before and after with tuning changes. If you use it prior to making changes you have a real baseline to work from instead of a butt dyno.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

hog yild

I wasn't able to do a before change run, but I can look at a typical stock bike and compare where I am now to it. I've just finished 4 VTune runs, my changes to VE are pretty much non-existing or with in a couple points on most cells. I have extended the cell number at 80kPa to the right. All my backfiring on decel is gone. She runs very smooth in all rpm's except right around 3000- 3200 rpm, which there is either a harmonic or the fuel map may be searching. I have a transition from close loop (778 offset) to open loop on the 3500 rpm cells. I'm leaning toward at being a harmonic. So far I am very happy with the changes made.

I think now is a good time to try the dyno data to give me another base line.

After that I'm going to look at optimize the AFR table to give me good mileage in the cruise zone, than look at the spark table this summer when the temperatures rise. I could do a dyno run for each of these changes.

One question is how do I set up for the dyno chart for the following?
07 Ultra, Primary ratio is stock, Gearbelt ratio is 68/30 or 2.267 to 1. I have set the VSS to 2460 to accommodate the gearbelt ratio change and the tire size I'm running, Metzler 180/60R-16. Compared to a GPS, I'm right on the Speedometer.

Steve Cole

Just go into the dyno setup and select your bike. Then enter your "Rider + Paylod Weight", Then enter your Secondary Drive Ratio and Tire Revs Per Mile and whatever gear you going to do the testing in. As long as you use the same setup for it each time you will be able to track changes. So unless you looking to get exact numbers what numbers you enter do not have to be exact, just the same each time.

wurk_truk

March 03, 2010, 10:26:52 AM #4 Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:29:07 AM by wurk_truk
I'm going to try this myself.  Might be a good way to track changes to the bike!

Steve, do you think this is a decent way to check possible changes to the tune itself?  Do a 'base run' on the present tune, and then with changes in timing, etc, see if anything bad or good happens?  Kinda looking for a way to be sure when I alter timing, etc... that nothing goes awry, you know?
Oh No!

hog yild

I would like the run to be as close to actual as possible.

If it works as started I think it will be a good tool to track changes. Seat of the pants from one to the next can be very subjective. This should be able to give us an apples to apples comparison.

Steve Cole

It works great for tracking full power changes as long as there is no slip. When the numbers are all filled in correctly for the setup your testing it is very good at the torque and Hp numbers. I've used it for years in our automotive side and when in the field we can see changes as we go. It's just another tool included with the product to help you do a better job.