May 09, 2024, 03:36:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Any tricks/tips, etc - BDL clutches

Started by hardonthemerch, March 08, 2010, 07:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardonthemerch

Running a belt drive and wondering if there's any tricks anyone has for quietning the rattle. I know its inherint of the belt drive, and though this is my first 3" style, I've ran an enclosed one beofore, and am familiar with the racket. This one seems a little more than normal, but not really like anythings loose/worng, just noisy as hell. It's worse at idle in neutral. With the cluth pulled in, its a different kind of rattle, and is more inline with what I'm familair with in belt drives. Again, its not that something is worn or broken, but just wondering if anyone has ever come up with any sort of home remedy to lessen the clatter

hrdtail78

Putting on the dome cover seems to block some of the noise.  Also make sure you are clamp on the front pully with the nut and not bottomed out on the threads.
Semper Fi

stroker800

I have 3 BDL belt drives ,,each one has a different rattle..The 3" evo being the loudest,,,the 3" on the shovel is quiet and so is 1 1/2 on the pan...I was goin to measure the "notches" is the friction plates and compare to each other,,,a sloppy or bigger notch will add to rattle..Other than that ,,I live with it..
Dave