May 08, 2024, 12:19:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

T-max : o2 sensors not detected

Started by mayor, March 09, 2010, 05:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genedjr

Mayor,
I am glad to hear you had a good experience with Zippers.  All of my experiences with support have been excellent, though I have not had to replace any hardware yet.

...gene
03 FLHRCI 'The King'
SE A/C
SE Slipon Mufflers T-MAX w/Auto

Eleft36

genedjr,

I had to replace both o2 sensors ($116 each delivered) after I installed the 103" kit. I'm inclined to think the assembly lube contaminated the o2's. They looked fine on the smiv monitor meters but blackened the plugs and brought my mileage down to 23. Also sooty up the pipes and mufflers. 
Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f

glens

Overly rich gets interpreted all the same as lean, so there you go.

Eleft36

Gassed up today, 4.2G 144 mi 34.29 mpg all local. 5 different days.
Al

Quote from: Eleft36 on March 16, 2010, 06:03:42 PM
genedjr,

I had to replace both o2 sensors ($116 each delivered) after I installed the 103" kit. I'm inclined to think the assembly lube contaminated the o2's. They looked fine on the smiv monitor meters but blackened the plugs and brought my mileage down to 23. Also sooty up the pipes and mufflers. 
Al

FLTRI

You prolly want to verify the AFR is correct as the new sensors will go south in a hurry if the AFR is way rich. As glens stated the system will think its lean if it's way too rich.
bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Eleft36

Today's monitor snapshot

14.02 & 14.19 @ 2948 rpm

Al

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

glens

docx is just another of MS' way overly-bloated file formats.  It's a zip file containing a whole bunch of crap along with the image file itself, which in this case is simply:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Eleft36

Thanks glens, for the improvement.

Al

FLTRI

Quote from: glens on March 22, 2010, 06:43:47 AM
docx is just another of MS' way overly-bloated file formats.  It's a zip file containing a whole bunch of crap along with the image file itself...
Is it safe to assume you are an Apple guy or do you use another operating system? :nix:
Bob

glens

No and yes :)

Actually, in this case it was more a problem of using the wrong tool for the job.  Taking a screenshot requires just the creation of an image file.  It's unnecessary to format it within a document.  This instance was effectively the same mistake others sometimes make here: creating a PDF file for just an image.

FLTRI

glens

Unix/Leenoox, of course!  Have been Windows-free (except needing it for first the Power Commander then TTS software personally, other test-equipment software once-professionally) since 3.1 was current.

FLTRI

How's the Windose stability with those porgrams? Any comp[laints?
Bob

glens

Fairly enough.  XP.  I have all the antivirus, etc. crap disabled, usually the networking altogether (unless running the TTS updater).  No need for any "firewall" (joke, if running on the same physical computer) if all the network-facing services have been disabled.  If there's nothing listening there's nothing to answer and get exploited.  Just the bare-ass-est configuration I can muster since the only thing I'm using it for is the testing/logging interface.

I might install firefox if I think I might be needing to look anything up (won't use IE for nuttin').  Definitely install PDFCreator ( http://en.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator ) which installs as a "printer".  That's about it...

If Steve would've written his software in Java (it's not too late by any stretch of the imagination) there'd be no need for Windows in my (current) world.

The Windose interface in general, and especially the terrible application fonts, are so toy-like.  And there's no decent tools whatsoever in a native installation.  I wonder how the hell they can get away with it, at all.