May 09, 2024, 03:18:17 AM

News:

Copy/Paste OK?

Started by mike 120, March 20, 2010, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike 120

Is it ok to copy/paste all the tables from a 105 based calibration into a 141 calibration? :scratch:

Doc 1

I have tried this my self with less than satisfactory results.
Doc

mike 120

Reason I ask is bike was tuned with a 105 cal, ECM ( 04 model year ) and replaced with a 05 part number ECM which will accept a 141 cal which has a feature of keeping inj open a bit at zero throttle on decel making for smoother on/off throttle. Would it be a closer cal to start with to retune by copy/pasting?

blkfalc4

I copied the spark tables from one kind of cal, that matched my cam, to a mt7 cal, and worked out real nice for me.
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

mike 120

Thanks, going to give it a shot,
What has the greatest affect on VE tables, cam, heads, or exhaust?
Mike

glens

Yes.  Depending on their interdependencies with each other and engine speed.

mike 120

Glens, I guess you are trying to say they all matter  :scratch:

glens

That's what I was saying.  They all interrelate with each other, with various combinations working better in some areas than others.  Don't forget spark timing, too.

In a perfect world, the VE tables would merely indicate how much air is moving through the engine at any combination of the table axes.  In practice, it's a bit more involved than that, or maybe better described as "how much air is properly/usably moving through".

mike 120

I'm going to give it a shot, the 105 calibration has that irritating cutoff on 0% throttle, now that I can load the 141 cal which I know doesn't have that it's worth transfering all the tables and adjusting on them.