Started by sbcharlie, April 07, 2010, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffd

akajjmon

Quote from: Horizonmech on April 07, 2010, 08:44:20 AM
WTF, there's 2min 47sec's of my life I'll never get back..... :nix:

yup!! and at my age that matters :wtf:

04glide

Wow I lernt alot. I hate when the bearins spin.

hardyheadscom

April 07, 2010, 08:19:09 PM #28 Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:04:11 PM by hardyheadscom
 :scratch: and he works on these hd`s uh?
hardy heads the best...boy I guess

FIGJAM

OMG - and I thought I has a tough day in the office  :hyst:

Ridetard

Some of you guys take things way too serious.

We have two buddies horsing around, maybe even popped a few first.    Both men have probably forgotten more then most of us know, two of the best.   Talk to anyone with a "Hippo " build.   Dudes been around for a while and never heard anything but good about his work and his character.

Sparky has a great step by step video on building a twin cam available from Amazon.  Saved my butt a few times. 

mayor

is hippo a creole?  :scratch: sounded like he should be fetch'n some mud bugs down by the riv'r thur.   :teeth:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

moose

I think hippo and short block charlie did a great humor job. I've been to the shop and believe me when they work they are serious and then some.
Moose aka Glenn-

hardyheadscom

years ago i got a great tip......don`t trust any mechanic or any one for that matter...  that goes by a nick name.
I won`t hire one either
hardy heads the best...boy I guess

Ridetard

Quote from: hardyheadscom on April 08, 2010, 09:43:47 PM
years ago i got a great tip......don`t trust any mechanic or any one for that matter...  that goes by a nick name.
I won`t hire one either

Why? They speak so highly of you.
( Never revert to negative marketing, :wink:)

HDFAT2001

Quote from: Ridetard on April 09, 2010, 03:35:53 AM
I won`t hire one either

Why? They speak so highly of you.
( Never revert to negative marketing, :wink:)

:agree: 

05FLHTC

Not sure why this post has not been moved?

I like to have fun but there is not one bit of this post that is technical, this does not belong in this section PERIOD!!!

Fair is fair now move it out!
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Scurvy

I won`t hire one either

Wow, I guess you were never in the Navy or Air Force then.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

sbcharlie

Quote from: mayor on April 08, 2010, 06:13:30 AM
is hippo a creole?  :scratch: sounded like he should be fetch'n some mud bugs down by the riv'r thur.   :teeth:

Cajun. And 1/16th French.

L-

Well, looks like you guys kissed and made up.  Should make another one on customers lost parts. I agree, move this crap. 

L-

FSG

I won`t hire one either

I've never heard anything more absurd.

Deye76

"looks like Hippo and SBC kissed and made up"
:hyst: :hyst: Yea, I thought there was some pretty bad blood. Well they say to err is human, to forgive is divine, or something like that.
I think they'd like folks to send their lower ends to them, instead of Hoban.
But ya might not get the one you sent.....back. :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Jeffd

I won`t hire one either

wtf  :down:

Ridetard

So what were we talking about again? :beer: :beer: :beer: :scratch:

Big Dan

Frank (Mr. Hippo) was born in Germany (I think) and raised in Argentina. He's somewhat hearing impaired, so he can be hard to understand at times. Knowing Frank, I don't believe he was taking any kind of shot at Darkhorse; he was taking a shot at all the "flavor of the week" guys that have now declared that every Harley Davidson on the planet will explode if the crankshaft isn't balanced, welded, covered, smothered, hunked, chunked and whatever else Waffle House does to their hashbrowns.

Hell, maybe they were just taking shots at all the moronic "how to" videos on YouTube. Either way, it's funny as hell... especially if ya know Frank. He's been an invaluable source of knowledge for many of us, and a damn good friend. I believe Frank is fluent in more than one (possibly several) languages. He might don't talk too good, but dat Hippo- he know stuff!

As a sidenote, If I spend a couple of days with him I can imitate him almost perfectly- that's when it really gets fun.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Reddog74usa

:hyst: Man I'm lmao That was a great jab at all the flavor of the week crap that's been goin on on this site for a long time. They may have had a few cold ones while making the video but at least they ain't drinkin the koolade that been bein served up lately. As far as the nick name comment yeah right, DILLIGAF what you think   :hyst: :hyst:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

akajjmon

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on April 09, 2010, 01:49:37 PM
I won`t hire one either

I've never heard anything more absurd.

Really?? then you just ain't read enough of these threads!! :hyst:

That statement almost sounds reasonable compared to some! :nix:

Coyote

I thought it was funny as hell. I don't understand all the negative posts.  :nix: