May 09, 2024, 09:03:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

13 spoke cast wheel model fitment

Started by harleypacific, April 01, 2010, 09:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleypacific

My girl rides a 94 Sportster trike with a 19"spoked front wheel and I have a problem with the spokes continously coming loose despite my retightening and using Locktite.

I would like to fit a later model oem 19"x 13 spoke cast wheel to eliminate this problem.

My question is, has anybody out there done this conversion on an earlier model sportster and/or what are the hub differences between the spoked wheel 94 and say the cast wheel on the 2000 and later models?

Cheers hp

PC_Hater

Wheels from Harleys up to and including 1999 should be OK. 2000-on they changed the wheels and brakes and they lose the mechanical speedo drive.
The thing to watch out for is when they switched from front wheel drive mechanical speedos to electronic speedos.
The internet seems to think that 1994 was the last year for mechanical speedos on Sportsters.

With any luck the Dynas were still using mechanical speedos at a later date.
If you fancy going to a wide FL front end and 16" front wheel the 1999 FLTRI is the last ever year for the front wheel drive mechanical speedo.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S