April 27, 2024, 08:48:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sunglass choice

Started by maicoman, May 19, 2010, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maicoman

To all the non windshield riders,what sunglasses are you using?  I have tried the overpriced pan tropics & willey x both with the eye port gasket & the wind still seams to enter my eyes, besides with the gasket I feel like I have tunnel vision.I remember back in the 70s it was the shape of the lens & the thickness of the arm that made the difference.Thanks, tom

pddredduece

Try www.bikerglasses.com $17.00 mailed to you. I have used them for 5 yrs. It's worth a try, not much money.

Snuff™

My Ray-Ban Predator-2 work great w/o a windshield.  The wind pushes them tighter against your face as you ride.  Worn them for years w/ contacts.

-Snuffâ,,¢ :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

schrec

-JC-1

I have been wearing KD's for many years, both on my eglide and my softail- I have always been surprised how well they block the wind given their design.
I have tried wiley-x in the past, now I wear those in my truck and the KD when I ride!

just my .02    :smile:
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

DGlide04

I have 2 pr. of Wiley X glasses, one prescription and one with light changing lenses when I ride with contacts, both are good quality and comfortable. 

One thing I do now is buy an extra foam cushion or two when I get a new pair since styles change and when the old ones wear out or break, you want to make sure you have another piece to put in.  Older styles may no longer be available, Just a recommendation.

Jim Bronson

Three pair of Wiley X prescription, two tinted and one clear with weak bifocals. Love 'em. The foam eyecups don't bother me at all, and I don't recall anything ever getting behind them.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Sonny S.

xxxflhrci

I've rode thousand of miles windshieldless wearing KD's and find they work pretty darn good.

Mark222

3 pairs of Wiley X.  light adjusting, standard tint and a pair of polarized. Foam works great, never think about them when riding, do just what I expect.  Guess I found the right fitting frame for my face.

Mark

tomboyjr

I had great luck with Oakleys. The old Eye Jackets and the Minutes seemed to fit my face just right to keep the wind out.

Justpassingas

KD's.....their cheap,don't make your eyes water,come in various styles and if you lose or break them so what your only out $6-7
For Duty and Humanity

Blazing Saddles

I've been wearing the Wiley X with my prescription for 5+ years.  Very good fit for my face and good quality.
The foam inserts do need to be replaced every couple of years.  I had them tinted as dark as possible.

Blazin'

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

Dirty Dogs, streamlined wrap-around, blue tinted. Think they`re made in New Zealand. Sure do keep dust and bugs out.
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....

lonegoosehonking

Where did you guys get the lenses for the wiley X

ChopperBob66

I use Rendezvous safety glasses. I've worn many brands of safety glasses over the years, and have always had problems with distorted vision. These are the only ones that don't distort my vision.
Besides the obvious advantage of safety glasses (impact resistant), they are polarized, come in several different colored lenses, even mirrored lenses, and are contoured to your face. Very little wind gets to my eyes. You can adjust the angle of the lense and length of the arms. You can buy them online for about $5. I bought a case of 12 and got a discount.

While we are on the subject of glasses. The wife likes the frameless type that are held in place with an adjustable string. They are just a lens with a string and adjustable tab in back. But, I can't find them anymore. Anyone know where I might find them.

Bob
MMC(SS) USN ret.
Phoenix, Az

hrdtail78

Been wearinf KD's for about 19 years myself.  Local eyeshop grinds my perscription for them.
Semper Fi

speed limit

Ray Ban aviator`s just like the cop`s
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

FATZ

Have been wearing Gatorz ,Radiators for eight years, they fit close to your face and keep wind out of your eyes. Double hinged, aircraft aluminum, choice of lenses and colors. Great product in my opinion, made in U.S.A..

Bladesmith

Quote from: tomboyjr on May 20, 2010, 04:55:57 AM
I had great luck with Oakleys. The old Eye Jackets and the Minutes seemed to fit my face just right to keep the wind out.

If you like Oakleys check out this site..It's the Oakley official site for military,police,fire,etc....Very cheap
https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Category.cfm?id=12
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

maicoman

OK guys thanks for the info. I just ordered KD's from there web site.There a little more expensive there but they got a sale going on. Buy 2 get 1 free. I am going to try the polarized version. Tom

Dennis The Menace

You might try some goggles.  Believe it or not, I got a pair of HD goggles that wear very well, no loss of peripheral vision and comfy too.  You hardly notice they are on.

Panoptics (7Eye) work for me. Latest pair I have had 5 years and dropped multiple time.  Gone through 2 Rx lenses in that time, no issues.  I dont use the foam inserts very often though, they cut too much wind and I get sweat buildup on my eyelids.

menace

sinktip

I used to wear the bikerglasses from the link above. Great for the money but after 6 months they always broke one of the ears. Been ina pair of Panoptix for a couple of years and love them.

TexanKen

Had great luck with 7 Eye, [formally Panoptx].  Good seal from wind and dust with my soft contact lens.

http://www.7eye.com/
Know guns, know peace, know safety. 
No guns, no peace, no safety.

Ohio Phil

I have a pair of new wileyx Airborne for sale size M-L $50.00
C-YA Ohio Phil

rideonfasterlouder

I agree with Dennis.  Goggles are the way to go.  The cheap ones work too the elastic band keeps them snug to your eyes.  Wife says "looks stupid" but for me it aint no fashion show!

frito1

http://www.marmicfire.com/gatewayandregstarlitesafetyglasses.aspx

I use the Starlite 4683's, been using them for years.  Cheap and effective.  I use 460M for night riding or cloudy days.  ~$20 for 10 pair.
"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com

Snuff™

Quote from: lonegoosehonking on May 20, 2010, 07:59:59 AM
Where did you guys get the lenses for the wiley X

http://www.rx-safety.com/

I've ordered a pair of Wiley X for work (Safety Glasses)

-Snuffâ,,¢ :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!