May 06, 2024, 08:55:08 PM

News:

HTT

Started by 05FLHTC, December 11, 2008, 06:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05FLHTC

HTT
December 11, 2008, 06:23:01 PM Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:37:13 PM by 05FLHTC
 :angry:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Gas Can

I have a ventless fireplace downstairs works well. I notice a little odor if you turn it very high or leave on a long time. Have to run on low or it's to hot in the room. Will create moisture being ventless.

RK101

I have one on my lower level that's built into the wall. It does a nice job. :up:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Phu Cat

How much worse can a ventless fireplace be than a gas stove?   Putting moisture in your house in the winter time can be beneficial.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

carolinayarddog

I had one for a couple of years in my house in Atlanta; would easily keep my one level small ranch toasty.  I did buy an O2 monitor for my own peace of mind, but it nver went off

tireater

Where did you get it...? I may add one one on my next mobile home remodel... :up:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

jumbo

I've got that same heater and it works great. Got it about 10 years ago at Menards.

moose

I have one in my garage and I have not blown anything up as of yet. I do not drain out any gas out of anything and it makes it nice in the winter to work out there. My next garage 3 car in the house I'm building next with have a separate heat and air unit and bathroom in it.
Moose aka Glenn-

calif phil

We had one in our last house and it worked great. Went to buy one for our new house  at Lowes last year and the saleskid said they only have electric versions in KS now.  I think Desa was the brand that we had. I did add the blower kit to it.  I am going to have to see if I can find one again for our basement.

Deye76

Quote from: 05FLHTC on December 11, 2008, 06:23:01 PM
Thinking about installing one of these in my family room on the lower level of my tri-level. What you all think, no vent, O2 depletion sensor. Only planning to use it in the evening to take the edge off. 100% efficient, good idea or bad?

You'll like it, if it's a good one. Tri-levels are a pain to run piping for gas fireplaces etc. As you well know :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP