April 28, 2024, 05:46:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

getting open end cap...remove how many discs?

Started by skyhook, December 12, 2008, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowdog

Hi Skyhook,

I forgot: there seems to be a lot of advice, some thing to remember, one size does not fit all. Try asking here and get some help from the horse's mouth (supply complete details) http://forums.supertrapp.com/index.php . BTW, IIRC the directions are to dial it in with the existing exhaust system before installing the Supertrapp then install and tune the Supertrapp.

Best,

Shadowdog
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

GoFast.....

I think Supertrapp said something like 12 or 13
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

skyhook

went to supertrapp from and posted...looking for max horsepower, even if it loses a little tq...anyone know how many discs w/ open cap it takes to out flow the baffle core and/or collector?
always seem to get their azz wet?

03deuce

This link will take you to a supertrapp discussion link.  It is my understanding that Ohiomotoxer who posted to this discussion worked at Supertrapp and helped engineer the exhaust.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/exhaust-discussions-aftermarket-oem/64386-ohiomotoxer-supertrapp.html

skyhook

thanks for the link...had forgotten about that guy...from what he's saying I believe the open cap is the ticket...now I wonder if modifying the core would help?

Jeffd

I believe Ohiomotoxer knows his stuff but he did state he worked there before the Supermeg was produced.  I have found Bruce at Supertrapp is very helpful and you can call him and he will talk to you.  If you call Supertrapp customer service he often answers the phone.

Shadowdog

Quote from: Jeffd on December 19, 2008, 07:22:40 AM
I believe Ohiomotoxer knows his stuff but he did state he worked there before the Supermeg was produced.  I have found Bruce at Supertrapp is very helpful and you can call him and he will talk to you.  If you call Supertrapp customer service he often answers the phone.

This is good advice! I've talked to him too and he does know his "stuff".

Best,

Shadowdog
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

skyhook

got an answer from the supertrapp forum (I think it was bruce) and he agreed with what ohiomotoxer was saying...thanks guys for the help!...monday I'll post dyno chart comparing open vs closed end caps

skyhook

December 21, 2008, 08:15:08 AM #33 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:17:20 AM by skyhook
ok here's the scoop...this is the '08 110" dyna, not the one in my signature...put it on the dyno today...gained a little tq, hp was the same...the only change mechanically:  added open end cap and removed 8 discs...the air was better today than oct 2, so these results are not conclusive...so I'm done chasing my tail, not throwing any more money at it for couple seasons when it'll grow to 117"...it did go way lean above 4000rpm so we retuned the fuel, didn't touch timing (prolly could add some now?)...mike cat is really busy and didn't want to ask him to mess with it anymore 'til I have good money to spend...does this mean that it's flowing better since it was lean with the old fuel settings?