May 03, 2024, 08:26:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Touring seat for 07 FLHR

Started by RDKing07, December 16, 2008, 11:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDKing07

Have been looking for a new seat for a long ride this spring with the OL .  Sat on one of the Harley pillow look seats, but seemed to sit further ahead.  Not sure if the comfort stitch seat is the same, but I don't want to seat any further ahead than what I do with the stock seat and the OL needs to be comfortable also or she won't ride for long.  She liked the seat on the FLTCHI that we used to have.  Any ideas or info on Harleys touring seats.
Thanks rdking 07

Panzer

RE,
This might help, before you spend $$$$.
Through recommendations from another HTT member I bought on for the wife.
She use to stand up on the pegs when she saw a tar strip or bump.
She was like on a pogo stick.
After I put this seat on for her, no more hopping.
They call it "the thousand mile seat".........it's and add on seat.
Then she sat on a Gold Wing two up seat........that's another story.
Just a thought.

http://buttybuddy.com

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

randallwhitman

To qualify what I'm about to tell you, I have to say that I've been riding and mostly touring since 1970.  HD's then Moto Guzzi, then back to rubber glides.  The best touring seat that I have ever seen or owned is the Russell Day Long Saddle.  They take your stock seat pan and build a seat for you.  Amazing comfort.  I bought an '07 Street Glide and put a Corbin touring seat on it.  Not good.  Ok for a couple hour ride.  Got fed up and sent the stock seat to Russell.  The seats look a little funky because they work so well.  Also, not cheap.  Good luck.  Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

bigwrench

All of the bikes I've owned have had Sundowner seats put on them. These are great seats. We do alot of long distance rides and We can ride all day and be comfortable. No back problems or sore asses. a good friend of mine swears by Mustang Seats, I think they're a little bit harder than the Sundowner. If you have a few friends with different seats ask to sit on it and get an idea of what you might like. Remember, ASK FIRST!

Garry in AZ

The stock seat on my '00 FLHRI was so bad I couldn't go 50 miles without pain. At about 100 miles, I bought a Mustang touring seat, and that was well over 60,000 miles ago. Never have had a complaint, from me or the wife, even after a dozen or so 1000+ mile days. My next bike will get another Mustang seat immediately. Everyone likes something a bit different, so if you can, go to an event and sit on a few before you buy.

Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

seattledyna

:up: Mustang   I put one on my 95 bagger, worlds better than the stock touring seat!

will most likely put one on the 09 as well, the RG stock seat is fine for me, but the passenger end leaves alot to be desired

96FLSTF

Me & my riding partner give the Sundowner a :up: on my 05 FLHRSI

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")