May 09, 2024, 10:16:36 AM

News:

Opinions on this 2010 StreetGlide Deal

Started by 78shOvel, July 29, 2010, 04:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05FLHTC

No way I would not want someone else to put the 1st 500 miles on my "New" bike...them are break in miles and IMO very critical to how the motor will perform down the road.

My fear would be that the bike was either a DEMO or worst possibly a rental. You all know how a "rental" is treated  :idea:   Anyway you size it up, the bike is USED!

You stated you have pre-approved HD credit...why not buy NEW? How often does this happen...   
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Snuff™

Quote from: 05FLHTC on July 30, 2010, 05:44:56 AM
...My fear would be that the bike was either a DEMO or worst possibly a rental. You all know how a "rental" is treated  :idea:   Anyway you size it up, the bike is USED!...

Nothing accelerates like a rental bike! :teeth:  Over...and over...and over.. :hyst:

-Snuffâ,,¢ :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Kansas

dakota224

Quote from: 05FLHTC on July 30, 2010, 05:44:56 AM
No way I would not want someone else to put the 1st 500 miles on my "New" bike...them are break in miles and IMO very critical to how the motor will perform down the road.

My fear would be that the bike was either a DEMO or worst possibly a rental. You all know how a "rental" is treated  :idea:   Anyway you size it up, the bike is USED!

You stated you have pre-approved HD credit...why not buy NEW? How often does this happen...
Agreed 100%  :up:

ironbutt

I got my 2010 Ultra 3 weeks ago $ 2000 below msrp and no miles on it. Like what was said above, tell the salesman to call you when he wants to sell a bike. Doc fee?s that for the title, plates and notary fees? Seems like alot of money for that.
"Old enough to know better, to young to resist".

78shOvel

Well  I walked screw that. Just sealed the deal on a 2010 Streetglide , 0 miles,Cruise, ABS, Security, Silver paint, and 15% of on backrest. $19,262
out the door.  Geez that only 562 more then the basic bike with 300 miles he was offering and not willing to deal on. Screw em I think I did well.

Coyote

05FLHTC

Good move.

Now where is that Springer I heard about  :smilep:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

rking1550

congrats on the new bike, and IMO you made the right choice by letting the other bike go.  :beer:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

PoorUB

Quote from: 78shOvel on July 30, 2010, 02:10:29 PM
Well  I walked screw that. Just sealed the deal on a 2010 Streetglide , 0 miles,Cruise, ABS, Security, Silver paint, and 15% of on backrest. $19,262
out the door.  Geez that only 562 more then the basic bike with 300 miles he was offering and not willing to deal on. Screw em I think I did well.

Same, or differant dealer?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

June2017

Glad you walked away from that Dealer that was trying to rip you off !   :gob:   Now do the right thing and tell us the name of that criminal Dealer that we all should steer clear of. 

NETacomaFatboy

I sure hope it was a different Dealer.  That way he can ride in with his new bike.  Nothing better than rubbing it in to a Salesman/Dealership that does not give a decent deal.

superglidesport1

Dealers in MA & NH are LOADED with 2010 leftovers. I stopped at a dealership today to pickup some parts and looked around the showroom. No 2011's setup yet. Saleman told me they weren't coming in until late September!! In the meantime they're offering up to $2000 off MSRP on 2010 leftover touring bikes!!! Picked up the brake pads and left the dealership. Truck pulled in with a load of new 2011's.

Money talks............BS walks!!
You're known by the promises you keep. Not the promises you make!

seattledyna

shows how "in touch" some salesmen are, lol

sixxfoot

The bottle ain't the blame ....it just lets you ...Mike Cooley DBT

Dennis The Menace

78, a lot of good advise here.  I can only kick in to shop around.  There are dealers out there that likely have teh same exact setup of that model (color, options).  It will take some calling, but call other dealers and see what they have.

If they have what you want, you know what MSRP is and what you want to pay.  If they are far away they know you wont be back for free oil change and tires (some dealers give that incentive), but may talk percent off clothes and parts. Get their proposal and then negotiate based on what YOU want.

I flew 1300 miles to buy my 03 Ultra at MSRP when dealers in Denver were raping everyone for 1500.00 or more over MSRP, and didnt have what I wanted.  It was cheaper to fly out, pay for meals and hotels and gas for the bike than to buy local.  Plus, I broke it in on one helluva fun road trip.  Who could ask for more?!?!?!

Find one cheaper in another state, and take the wife to pick it up and make a vacation out of it.  Tho, taking the wife is optional (I didnt).  lol

JMO

menace