May 01, 2024, 04:27:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Daytona...

Started by bouncingVman, December 19, 2008, 05:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncingVman

I was just kicking around the idea of going to Daytonna beach for the bike rally. Is there a good place to camp down there... as in... just showing up without reservations, decent showers, shade, food nearby, and above all... safe?? It seems that I'm a camper when it comes to bike rallies.

We just got about 8 inches of snow dumped on us. Luckily my snowblower has handle bars. LOL.
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Grumpy : (

I live in the Daytona area and still can't help much with camping.  There were links to quite a few of them.  I think attendance will be down this year, so you might go for it.

The Moonshine Campgound, just north of I-95 on US1 is run by the Iron Horse is the only one I know anything about.  It's good.  I think there would be a shortage of shade in most of them.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

dablaze

Hey Grumpy,

What's the word on Camping at the cabbage patch? We might try and do one night there this year. I did not know if it was just vendors or open to anyone. Seems like it would be a blast from our time there last year. Not quite as much fun as going for chili...but almost!

See ya again this year,

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Flat Dog

December 19, 2008, 06:25:50 AM #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:33:36 AM by Photo John
A friend camped at the Cabbage Patch, and said it was a freaking blast. His ole lady is a vendor tho, so not sure about your question-why not just ask them?

You could always camp in Rossmeyer's parking lot, or stay in one of his condos... :hyst:

guido4198

There is camping available across the road from the Cabbage Patch. We parked in there during Biketoberfest when we visited the Patch, and noticed a lot of folks were camping in that area. Very "wooded"....so shade should not be a problem. Don't have any idea what the deal is, but you might contact the Patch and ask them. I used to camp @ the Patch "back in the day..." and enjoyed it.  

TexanKen

Stayed here once in a really small camper trailer, but I did call ahead for reservations.  Not sure how it'd work doing that during Bike Week.  Good place, though. . . .

http://www.rvdaytona.com/
Know guns, know peace, know safety. 
No guns, no peace, no safety.

ULTRADOG

December 19, 2008, 07:30:01 AM #6 Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:33:30 PM by ULTRADOG
im from here also you can camp at the cabage patch across the street from the patch up the road across from the speedway[this place gets wild at night] at i-4 and 44
is where abate puts there campground there are so many camp grounds in and around daytona for bike week i even think if you talk to jimmy at a-a accurate wich is right across from rosmeyers destination daytona he has camping figure out wich area you might want and let me or grumpy know and we should be able to come up with a few
                                                                                          bil :smiled:
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

bouncingVman

I just realized something that wouldn't be too convenient for me. The bike has to be broke in and tuned before I could go. The way its going... it will be April before that will happen  :bf:
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Pzokes

There is also Bulow Campground, Nova Campground, Moonshine Campground, The Daytona 400 M/C Club Campground, and the unnamed campground behind the White Eagle Saloon.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

quikbike

The guys I go with camp up in DeLand. Can't remember the name but think its a KOA campground
I hate snow

jumpinjack

http://www.daytonachamber.com/bwhome.html

all the info you need here and then some, have fun.

SCREAMN EAGLE

Nova Campground 1190 Herbet St. 386 767 0095 Good campground i have camped there.

dablaze

Quote from: bouncingVman on December 19, 2008, 08:32:12 AM
I just realized something that wouldn't be too convenient for me. The bike has to be broke in and tuned before I could go. The way its going... it will be April before that will happen  :bf:

We did exactly that last year. I found the area surrounding Daytona to be kinda just right for break in speeds and long enough runs. And with numbers down these days, we only got caught in traffic once the whole week and even then it was for 5 minutes max.

The suggestion of Bruce Rossmeyers "Camping" lot, lol...I could not believe that I paid to park at a Harley dealership...lol. In all fairness, we paid to park on Main Street too. I think I will have to park the bikes at the Zippers booth again, only costs about $1000 a day (But ya get to ride away with a fully tuned Thundermax, lol)

All in all we enjoy the experience. The Cabbage patch is a def must do if you want to party though.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Flat Dog

I was just kidding. Rossmeyer actually charges people to camp in his 'Destination Daytona' parking lot? Wow...

roadkingjack

i've camped at cabbage patch last couple of years.It is the place to party and see the chicks.down side is the cost,they want you to send them over 700.bucks for the week.This is good for one small campsite with 4 people.they charge 50 bucks a week extea for more than one automobile.they also charge for showers and to use the porti-pottis.the moonshine campground is cheaper but both campgrounds are a mudhole with a lot of rain.looking for a motel or condo this year.The upside is meeting your neighbors,some really good people.
2013 Street Glide .

crow

I stayed at the ABATE of Forida campgrounds in 05 . Deland Fairgrounds if i remember correctly it was only 125.00 each for the week.
Knees in the Breeze is all I need........:)

harley2k2

I WOULD NOT PAY A CENT TO DO ANYTHING AT BOSS HOGS DESTINATION HARLEY STEALERSHIP, WENT THE FIRST YEAR THEY OPENED AND SAW ALL I NEEDED TO. GOT A LITTLE HUNGRY WENT TO GET A HOT DOG, JUST A REGULAR HOT DOG AND IT WAS 9 DOLLARS, LEFT IT SITTING ON THE COUNTER AND WALKED TO MY BIKE AND DROVE AWAY FOREVER, I WILL LET YOU GUYS FOOT HIS EATING BILLS, HE WILL NEVER GET A DIME OF MINE. I DONT MIND PAYING FOR ANYTHING, JUST HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF, AND THE WHOLE TIME HE IS SITTING THERE SMILING WITH THAT STUPID GEICO LIZARD.
:angry:

RK101

2K2 Can't say as I blame you for driving off that Hot dog was about $8 to much. It sound like he was tiring to make up for his free chrome consultants wages. :hyst:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

harley2k2

but the funy thing was people were standing in line buying them. we love daytona and go every year, but we stay away from that place nothing out there i cant find in town, although i hate jp cycle built out there i do like looking around in thier store. see you in a couple months grumpy
terry&sherri
:sswim:

RK101

I underestand what your saying. Bike weeks are getting worse all the time as far as getting ripped off. My last one at Daytona was Biketoberfest 2001.
I finally got the OL to stop wanting to go to M/B for bike week this last past year after not going for a couple years. I finally got her to realize that road trips are more fun.
I like Daytona and M/B and I'll probably be at both places in the future but it won't be for a bike week. They've out priced themselves with me and there's just to much else to do.

Skullfork

December 22, 2008, 10:44:01 AM #20 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:46:39 AM by Evil-Eagle
Quote from: RK101 on December 22, 2008, 10:14:03 AM
I underestand what your saying. Bike weeks are getting worse all the time as far as getting ripped off. My last one at Daytona was Biketoberfest 2001.
I finally got the OL to stop wanting to go to M/B for bike week this last past year after not going for a couple years. I finally got her to realize that road trips are more fun.
I like Daytona and M/B and I'll probably be at both places in the future but it won't be for a bike week. They've out priced themselves with me and there's just to much else to do.

RK101 ...not to get off the subject, but do you think Myrtle will have a Bike Week this coming spring? That's the one I always ride to and I haven't heard much about it lately.

My brother moved to Daytona earlier this year, so I'll definitely have a place to stay if I can get the time off from work.  I've never been there before, so I hope it works out ...

RK101

EE I don't know   I guess you could go to there web site and get some info about it.

kymike

Quote from: bouncingVman on December 19, 2008, 05:06:56 AM
I was just kicking around the idea of going to Daytonna beach for the bike rally. Is there a good place to camp down there... as in... just showing up without reservations, decent showers, shade, food nearby, and above all... safe?? It seems that I'm a camper when it comes to bike rallies.

We just got about 8 inches of snow dumped on us. Luckily my snowblower has handle bars. LOL.

I have ridden by a campsite known as Thunder Gulch off of HWY 1 a couple of miles north of Bunnell, Fl. Bunnell is about 20 miles north of Daytona. TG advrtises a restaurant, lounge and from the hwy may offer some shade.
I have not been there yet.

hotroadking

Buncha camp grounds around Daytona from Deland to Daytona, North, south.
It can get cold so bring something or someone to keep you warm.

Remember there are 400,000 people here and 395,999 are guys looking for that hot gal LOL

You don't have to spend a ton to have fun lots of not as expensive places to eat

I've never paid for parking at Rossmeyer, his parking is free.

Now if you pull into that truckstop gas station on the property they charge you to park and it's not Daytona HD.  If you stay in line and ride to the back they have free parking and free shuttles to the dealer so you don't even have to walk to drop your money. LOL

Oh and watch the weather if you camp at Sopotnicks (Cabbage Patch) if it rains it gets muddy as it's pretty low area.

ULTRADOG

across the street from rosmeyers is a tow truck co. the father and son that own it are from n.y. ive gone there the last cpl yrs and never charged me actually the father jimmy sr. was buying 100 beers on the hour all day long so i got a few free bud lights but i live here so im sure i dont know what in talking about and whoever paid to take a shower at ronnies cabbage patch must of been on his brothers side of the fence they have been fighting for the last 4 yrs and whatever one has the other charges to use [stupid if ya ask me]
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

Spyder

Quote from: bouncingVman on December 19, 2008, 08:32:12 AM

I can't think of a better way to do just that.  Worked for me with a new 110" Engine on a trip with MC to Indy.  I did manage to get a couple hundred miles and get a few hose clamps tightned etc. first.
SPYDER