May 08, 2024, 10:19:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Krome Werks mufflers

Started by metaliser, December 24, 2008, 08:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaliser

Has any one dealt with these mufflers, I was looking at the new 3 1/2" HP mufflers, they look good and the design looks good.

bouncingVman

I have the turn-out HP+ mufflers on mine. I had the V&H 4" slip-on mufflers before. They do look nice, but they were a lot more restricted than the V&H. The bike didn't like the change at all. I ended up removing the inner part of the baffle and all is well... but that's just me and my particular tastes. Most people wouldn't do that to a new set of mufflers.
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

fattmann101

how do the krome werk mufflers sound??

freewayferg

Got the 3 1/2 slip-ons, really like deep lowend rumble and uniqe sound on accelaration.
I am not stupid, unless I'm just too dumb to know it

Ricker

I have them on my softail custom 2007, they have a nice noisey rumble on acceleration and are fairly quiet when cruising, just what I wanted.  They do look good.

Ricker

96FLSTF

I had the smaller 3" (I think) KW 100HP+ slip ons onstalled at delivery of my 05 stage 2 RK Custom. They sounded pretty good to me but later wishing for more sound I swapped them for a pair of Python's. I could tell immediately I done the wrong thing noting the much freeer flow of the KW slip ons. Maybe next time I'll upgrade and go back to the bigger 3-1/2"ers.

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

metaliser

Thanks for the info, just curious to see if I could keep the V&H's tru duals I have and change slipons since my rush have turned a little brown where they slipon to the head pipes, but since we exchanged gifts last night I'll just get a new set of Rineharts,  :wink:, anyone one looking for some good used V&H's tru duals with some slightly turned rush mufflers, I'll make you a good deal.  :smile:
Anyways Merry Christmas to everyone.

metaliser

Thanks 05, I might get some blue and try to clean them up a little before I sell them, the tarnish is not that bad and I have some truckers dream that I have used and it helps, they turned on me when I had it dynoed by Speed Hanson and he didn't no you had to do a advanced maping on the 06 bikes, he was doing them just like a 05 or 04, apparently alot of customers started coming back like me and saying the bikes were running real lean, thats when they turned and it was still a 88" at the time, the tune is now by Russ at Colbach's HD and it's spot on but I'll have to get it tuned after the pipe swap.
Thanks for the info.