May 09, 2024, 11:27:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

My Winter Project

Started by JohnCA58, January 12, 2011, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrokerDave

Very nice. One of these days have Mike let me know when and where you guys are riding and I'll come up and see it up close.

R.Bingham

It looks great! You have a right to be proud.  :smiled:  :bike:

Coyote

Congrats on finally getting your bike back John.  :up:   Hiway 4 is open now, let's go test out those skid plates on your bags.  :teeth:

seattledyna

I just herd someone just won "first place" at the bike show today!

JohnCA58

June 12, 2011, 10:36:23 PM #104 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:41:36 PM by JohnCA58
 :hyst:  Yup, had to try one Show,  it was in Vacaville HD Abate Bike and Car show.  Check out the HTT patch on this guy  :up:
I will not do another show.  the wait was to long to the end.   :hyst:

Coyote,  I have been up to Mike place already,  not bad when I put the ride at 80 p.s.i (13.5 in. shock lenght) kept waiting for them to drag.  :nix:

YOLO

seattledyna

Nice pix John, looks like ya figured out the new photo bucket acct :up:

Congrats!!    :bike:

JohnCA58

:hyst: When we were headed to the Show yesterday, there was 6 of us and I was in the middle,  the two guys behind me said they have to dodge a piece of shining chrome bouncing on the highway,  I was looking all over the bike to see if there was anything missing,  I couldnt find anything,   got a text from my buddy that was riding right beside me and told me it was off his bike chrome rear brake pedal   :hyst:  everybody thought for sure it was off my bike.    if Coyote would have been behind me, that would have hurt your forehead.  :potstir:
YOLO

Eglider05

John,

I noticed you had a tour pak painted. Are you just using the stock rack and bolting it on when used (no detachable)?

Thanks,
Rick

Topend

95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC

JohnCA58

it is a detachable I made up using the solo detachable and back rest detachable welded together,  also using the Kury adjustable for 4 inches of travel forward and backward,  I took the backrest bracket and used it on the bottom and welded the solo bracket to it, I didnt want to use the HD ugly rear mount brackets, would have had to cut my fascia to make them work. this set up worked out great,  found everything I needed for cheap on Flea Bay.  all tig welded together and need to get it chromed now.  amazing how much I enjoy having that tour pak on there.

YOLO

Eglider05

August 21, 2011, 09:35:48 AM #110 Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:33:16 PM by Eglider05
Thanks John,

Please do me a favor and the next time you have it off take some pics of the modified bracket and post them. I'm going to be slowly getting everything together to do the fender mod on my 05 and also want to get rid of the ugly brackets but would like to retain the detachability of the TP.

Thanks,
Rick

The Beave

Mike, absolutely a beautiful job.  Most people on this board have no clue what it takes to have a job turn out this well. The ability and the drive to say, not quite, and redo however many times it takes to say, ok thats what I wanted it to look like. Again, beautiful  work.

tomcat-flstf

gret job by all involved  nice bike  :beer:  :beer:  :beer: