May 08, 2024, 12:16:16 PM

News:

cup holder

Started by 4speed, December 06, 2008, 03:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4speed

anyone have a way to keep this from spinning all over, the one i have is a hd chrome one
Danny                                                               Ride Safe

WideBoy04

Mine sits on the back seat, has a right and left holder and weighs bout 130lbs. :wink:
Galatians 2:20

Faast Ed

Not clear how someone can take the time to drink at 130 mph,......   but to each his own!
≡Faast Ed>

Lew

I'm not familiar with the holder you have but the first thing that I thought of was an O-ring.  Possibly roll one or more on it to add some resistance......tie-wrap.....tape??
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

steelknee57

Hey 04,  I have the same holder, only she's about 140.....

bearman1755

myself, I like to watch the traffic and if no traffic, enjoy the senery.  no radio, cd player, ipod, no cupholer, cell phone turned off,  If i need a drink i'll stop at a nice place and have one, (might be a rockstar in the saddlebag, so it could  be anywhere).

Faast Ed

If it moves, and it's not suppsed to move =  Duct Tape

If it don't move, but it's supposed to move =  WD 40

(Jeff Foxworthy)
≡Faast Ed>

dave629

I think y'all need to post pics of your Cupholders.  :hyst:

tireater

Don't laugh...I got 2 extra hp with my cup holder....It has grooves...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

dave629

Now stop that, TE !!!  :teeth:

Sonny S.

Quote from: dave629 on December 15, 2008, 12:48:22 PM
I think y'all need to post pics of your Cupholders.  :hyst:

I would but ...... patent pending  :wink:

dave629

I'll be your product tester if you want an unbiased opinion.  Show us what you got, Sonny.

Sonny S.

Well I could ..... no !   :teeth:

Wannabmayor want's to test it out as well.

mayor

Quote from: Sonny S. on December 15, 2008, 01:23:41 PM
I think y'all need to post pics of your Cupholders. 

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread.   :teeth: ...don't worry your patent pending secret is safe with me.   :wink:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Sonny S.

Quote from: wannabmayor on December 15, 2008, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: Sonny S. on December 15, 2008, 01:23:41 PM
I think y'all need to post pics of your Cupholders. 

I was waiting for you to pop up on this thread.   :teeth: ...don't worry your patent pending secret is safe with me.   :wink:

I know what you do wanna test   :wink:    shhhhhh !

mayor

hey Sonny:

:wwp:

.......just had to use the new smiley's.

:teeth:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Alvin

Will the cup holder be used for regular(dino oil) or de-caf(mobil-1)? :cry:

Sonny S.

Quote from: Alvin on December 24, 2008, 03:40:48 AM
Will the cup holder be used for regular(dino oil) or de-caf(mobil-1)? :cry:

Espresso .... Amsoil  :wink:

texas road rat

i`ve got one on mine .i use a long strip of velcro with a small key ring to keep it tight. then again the other half works to.

PoorUB

December 25, 2008, 07:38:11 AM #19 Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:41:56 AM by PoorUB
Quote from: bearman1755 on December 15, 2008, 11:43:44 AM
myself, I like to watch the traffic and if no traffic, enjoy the senery.  no radio, cd player, ipod, no cupholer, cell phone turned off,  If i need a drink i'll stop at a nice place and have one, (might be a rockstar in the saddlebag, so it could  be anywhere).

That is what is nice about riding a barge-a-lounger. I can do all what you describe, plus listen to the radio, CD, XM. Cell phone is close by as I may be on call for work, or waiting for calls for friends, and I can stop for a drink, or keep on hauling ass while staying hydrated with a drink from my custom designed cup holder. Trust me when riding across South Dakota in 120 degree heat like we did one summer you want a cup holder. Sure you could stop, but one clump of sage brush looks pretty much the same as the last! Riding accross the USA can be a bit boring sometimes and it helps the miles go by a bit faster with some options. If you never leave you back yard then no problems.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

skullman

My wife asked about a cup holder.  I told her if I wanted a cup holder I would have bought a goldwing.....
Lee

Alvin

Skullman---I'm with you!!!!!!!!! :potstir: :hyst:
:hyst:

brwk

Mine is 108 lbs with an attitude.  I immediately am told where I may place the cup. 

Dennis The Menace

dont mean to bring this thread to a lower level, (lol) but....I use a Camelbak in summer on long rides for cool drinks.  As poorUB mentioned, riding across SD in 120 will dehydrate you quick, and stopping every 50 miles to drink isnt convenient (to me anyway--I want to ride tank to tank).  Now, if I could only empty my bladder less frequently.  lol

As for the cold weather, I would like to be able to enjoy my coffee on those cold days, but would prefer something as easy as the Camelbak.  I can just feel for my hose and put it to my mouth, without taking my eyes off the road.  I dont like the thought of having to put a cup back in a holder and messing around with getting it into a tight spot, while riding.  I also wear a full face, which makes drinking from a cup something to be done only at a stop.

Anyone see a solution like the Camelbak but for warm drinks?

menace