May 08, 2024, 02:46:23 PM

News:

Harbour Freight 1200 lb Table Lift

Started by vtwin88, December 28, 2008, 07:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Vtwin, have you considered the Direct Lift? http://www.directlift.com/ Warehouses in several states to avoid shipping. I bought the Procycle with drop tail, andside extensions and think it is a very nice lift for the money.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

shoveled71

I bought mine last year while they were on sale for 279.95, had a 15% off coupon, have a HB store about 40 miles from home, picked it up myself for about 250.00, best investment this old man made. Spike

100%  pure obnoxious harley ridin white trash

HDRDR

Quote from: shoveled71 on December 29, 2008, 03:59:31 PM
I bought mine last year while they were on sale for 279.95, had a 15% off coupon, have a HB store about 40 miles from home, picked it up myself for about 250.00, best investment this old man made. Spike

Very nice for the money looks good :up: so does the ride :smile:

mark61

December 29, 2008, 06:17:39 PM #28 Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:46:17 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
QuoteDo have any pictures?

As you can see I bolted the angle to the under side of the table with 1/4" carrage bolts then bolted the 2x6 to the angle. I welded an extention on the pump lever to clear the addition. Release lever works fine as is.

mark61

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Reddog74usa

I guess if your only gonna use it once in a while the HF lift is ok. I went with a handy as it's 10 times better quality and a lot more stable. Plus I helped keep an American in a job.  :wink: The HF lift is a China made unit. i would compare them in person before you part with your money.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

marty59

Just used my HF 1000# model for the first time this weekend - a nice Christmas present for myself. Just ordered a new front wheel clamp and scissor jack both delivered for $135 as a nice addition.
http://www.weliftmotorcycles.com/MotorcycleClamp.htm

Marty

truck

Quote from: marty59 on December 29, 2008, 07:59:03 PM
Just used my HF 1000# model for the first time this weekend - a nice Christmas present for myself. Just ordered a new front wheel clamp and scissor jack both delivered for $135 as a nice addition.
http://www.weliftmotorcycles.com/MotorcycleClamp.htm

Marty

That's the scissor jack I use too. I don't use the drop out panel when I remove the rear wheel, I just get everything loosened up then jack the bike up high enough to shimmy the wheel out.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

smittyon66

I have the manual HB lift. One advantage it has for the homeowner is that you can move the lift with the bike on it.
In the winter I park the bike on it, turn it 90 degrees, and can park a car behind it.
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

Molly

I started out with the same Chinese made lift as the one shown here but just didn't trust it with the Road King. In the end I bought a Handy one (they do a lift for the home handyman which costs less than the pro lift - though doesn't have the wheel drop-out plate). One word of caution though, the wheel vise on my Handy lift fitted badly and took a lot of shimming with washers before it'd hold the bike bolt upright. Two years later I'm still trying to get them to replace it (my local agent is less than helpful).

My advice? Skip the Chinese one but find an alternative to the Handy lift too.

fatboy

:idea: What happened to the "build your own" one, that someone posted a while back? It was built out of 2x10 and was three pieces that sepparated. They had put up the dim's. and material - can't seem to find it.

FSG

This one ? Click the thumbnails.

By mokeypoole of HTT

Here is the box and I was the original builder.  I used 2 x 12 boards 8 foot for the sides.  The top is made of 4 2 x 10's.  There are 2 x 12's underneath the frame for support.  The front section is 24 inches long, the middle is about 42 inches long and the rear is 30.  I am using these dimensions from my head so make sure there is at least 42 inches between your wheels before you make the middle section (if you have a sportster, it may be a little shorter and you could make the section 40 inches instead)

Reddog74usa

Wow Molly. I never heard of that situation with a Handy. My wheel vise and all the other acc. fit perfectly and bolted right on. I did get the pro series with the front and side extentions. they all fit right up. In fact I didn't know they even offered a home use unit.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

fatboy

Thanks, Fatboy_SirGarfield
:idea: Thats was the one.

HogBob

Attached (I hope) are photos of my Harbor Freight lift with the minor mods I made to the anemic front wheel clamp. The picyures were taken with my Dyna on the lift, but it works equally well with my Eltra Classic. As shown, I added channel iron extensions lined with wood to grasp the wheel tighter and welded a nut on the clamp wheel so I can use an air wrench or a rachet to tighten/loosen it. Works well for me. :smile:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

nubs77

I just bought a direct pro lift from http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/.
Very nice if you call them they will let it go for 595.00. I was able to pick mine up for 636.00 with taxes. THE PLUS IS THAT IT IS AN AMERICAN OWEND COMPANY.
F**K IT

PoorUB

Quote from: nubs77 on January 09, 2009, 05:04:33 AM
I just bought a direct pro lift from http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/.
Very nice if you call them they will let it go for 595.00. I was able to pick mine up for 636.00 with taxes. THE PLUS IS THAT IT IS AN AMERICAN OWEND COMPANY.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Direct Lift is made over seas! It is a nice lift though, I have one too!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

nubs77

Thanks, they told me that it a made in the usa. I will have to call them.
F**K IT