April 27, 2024, 05:23:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Roof top antenna/analog tv/DTV converter box

Started by truck, December 28, 2008, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno-Katz Fokkerpilot

We started switching from analogue to digital a few years back here in the UK, we still recieve both types at the moment and what i`ve read in some of the posts is exactly the same kin of problems we encountered. There are two very important factors. One is that your antennae or aerial as we call them, must be of high quality and correctly aligned with the broadcasting station. The second is, its no good buying a cheap Michael Mouse digital box. We have these going at stupid prices in all the major Super markets. I tried one. It ceased to function after just a few weeks so spent a bit more on a better one which also has a hard drive for recording TV programs.

Some folks who live in the lee of a hill or mountain have had reception problems but, as soon as digital goes nation wide as it will this year, this should be a thing of the past so yeah, i guess at the moment, location can affect your signal.
As regards channels "going missing", we also have this. If you tune into a channel that under analogue you recieved ok, but now has disappeared, try this:
Turn off the digital box with your remote control, pull the antenae lead from the rear of the digital box, then plug it back in, switch on the box again and retune into the channel you couldn`t get a signal for. This works for us, give it a try.

Just bought a 40" Samsung HD digital with built in digital box as they`re practically giving them away over here due to the  credit crunch. No reception problems at all but, it doesn`t have the hard drive to record programs so i rigged in my existing box to the new TV and i can now do this again. Only problem is, i have more remote controls than you see on a flea market stall. If any of them go missing down the back of the sofa, i`m buggered...........

Regards, Bruno.
Peace...those brief moments in history when everyone stands around reloading....