Scremin Eagle 64mm DBW throttle body

Started by Mr. Torque, March 04, 2011, 02:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Torque

Has anyone heard the rumor that Scremin Eagle is going to be offering a 64mm DBW throttle body that complies with the AHDBA Draggin Bagger class? If so whats the scoop?

LilEvilAmy

~ Li'l Amy & her "Evil Twin" Snortster ~ Detroit, MI ~  ~

Mr. Torque

Yes I do Amy, just like that one, Thank you.

BVHOG

Hurricane heads only, the sheet I have here from the new products catalog says available March 2011
TB part no 27300033 499.95
Manifold part no 27300035 299.95
Velocity stack part no 2900037  289.95
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

FSG

27300033 KIT-THRTL BODY,64MM,ETC,RACE;  MRRP  499.95
27300035 KIT-INTAKE MANIFOLD,EFI,64MM,ETC;  MRRP  299.95
29000037 KIT-VELOCITY STACK,64MM,ETC,RACE;  MRRP  289.95

BV you missed a 0 in the V/Stack P/N

whittlebeast

March 04, 2011, 08:01:44 PM #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:09:38 PM by whittlebeast
My bet is, you will not like it.  Too big for the size of the motor.  It gets very difficult to ride the bike slow.  Being DBW makes it a little easier to tune around the problem.  This is one of the primary reasons lots of the high HP superbikes secondary throttles that are controlled by the ECU.

AW
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

1FSTRK

Quote from: whittlebeast on March 04, 2011, 08:01:44 PM
My bet is, you will not like it.  Too big for the size of the motor.  It gets very difficult to ride the bike slow.  Being DBW makes it a little easier to tune around the problem.  This is one of the primary reasons lots of the high HP superbikes secondary throttles that are controlled by the ECU.

AW

If you do the math on a 120r its not really that big.
I believe DBW is ecu controlled
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Don D

Please post the formula, I am interested. Does this formula take into consderation VE?

whittlebeast

In the case of Harley VE adjustment is a function of throttle position, Alpha-N to the rest of the world so yes it would have a huge change to your VE tables right off the throttle stops where you ride all of the time.  It would destroy your hidden MAP default tables.

AW
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

rigidthumper

All 3 parts are available for order, local dealer, but they say 60 day lead time, from the vendor, according to HD
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?