May 09, 2024, 02:33:16 AM

News:

Hello from Detroit!

Started by blusmbl, March 19, 2011, 09:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blusmbl

Kept seeing threads linked to here from HDForums, trying to expand my Harley knowledge as much as I can.  Bought an '11 RKC last year, have had a couple other streetbikes, and still have a '74 CB550 streetbike, a CRF70 pit bike, and a CRF450X for offroad duty.

My Road King as of a couple weeks ago:

Nothing fancy, just an S&S a/c, Vance & Hines fishtails, a couple chrome bits, and a Corbin seat combo.  Probably putting 14-16" apes on it later this year.

Anyway, looking forward to reading up as much as I can!

Thanks,
Nick

mayor

welcome!  I'm a big fan of the RK Classics, that's the best looking touring rig in my opinion....but keep that between us, since those Street Glide guys think they have something there.   :teeth: 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

blusmbl

Thanks man!  I'm only 30, I'm too young for a batwing. :D  (dodging flak over that one...).

Where in southwest PA are you?  I've ridden to Pittsburgh a couple times, even your freeways kick the pants off any roads we have here in Detroit.  I remember riding down to Wheeling WV from Pittsburgh, and was just blown away at how awesome the roads were!

-Nick

mayor

I'm 100 miles due west of Pittsburgh.  I haven't ridden around Detroit, but I have driven....western PA would make much better riding.   :teeth:

yea, I said I was too young for an old mans bike for a while too.  Just got my first Batwing bike at the ripe old age of 38.   :teeth:  and it's a Street Glide.   :embarrassed:  got a RKC too though.   :wink:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions