May 08, 2024, 10:59:38 PM

News:

FatCat R&R

Started by waltcentral, December 30, 2008, 09:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltcentral

Doing some work to the bike and have the stock exhaust off again and thinking of going to a 2-1 to make the reinstall easier.  From what I can tell the D&D Fatcat may be the quickest to R&R.  I may be back in the engine again to install an advance gear and want to make the change as painless as possible.

Eglider05

Quote from: waltcentral on December 30, 2008, 09:16:55 AM
    Doing some work to the bike and have the stock exhaust off again and thinking of going to a 2-1 to make the reinstall easier.  From what I can tell the D&D Fatcat may be the quickest to R&R.  I may be back in the engine again to install an advance gear and want to make the change as painless as possible.

I have the FC but the V&H Propipe is just as easy if not a bit easier.

Rick

marty59

The FatCats went on my Herritage very easy.

cig

Bought my fatcat used. They came with the heatshields  already  on them and I installed them that way. Very easy. :up:
cig 
Alton, Illinois

GoFast.....

Any 2 into 1 is pretty easy
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Faast Ed

QuoteThe FatCats went on my Herritage very easy.

Mine too, but the outer bolt on the rear head was a pain to tighten.
≡Faast Ed>

TOMCENTRAL

December 30, 2008, 02:53:08 PM #6 Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:39:29 PM by TOMCENTRAL
Don't know for sure,but anything would be better than putting that stock system back on.:-)Regards,Tom ps:It's Supertrapp time. :up:

marty59

Quote from: Faast Ed on December 30, 2008, 01:56:50 PM
QuoteThe FatCats went on my Herritage very easy.

Mine too, but the outer bolt on the rear head was a pain to tighten.

1/4" drive rachet with a swivel head worked for me on the rear - without the heat shields on.

Faast Ed

Funny you'd say that. I was told that after putting the pipes on.
I did buy the swivel socket and put it in my box for next time.
≡Faast Ed>