May 09, 2024, 10:20:03 AM

News:

Good tuner in Asheville, Nc.

Started by timswideglide, March 17, 2011, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timswideglide

I am in the need a of a good tuner in around Asheville, Nc.  I recentley moved here from Fl. where my bike was tuned for. Bike is a 03 Wideglide ( Carb) Bike has 95 kit with HTTC heads and pistons with 258 cams and 45mm. flatside carb and many other goodies.  It is running rough up here with temperature and elevation change. Does anyone know of anybody in this area or about dealer in Swannanoa ? I know they have a dyno but not sure they have someone with knowledge to use it.

cherryseeg2

FWIW I bought my first bike from a guy in cherokee it was supposedly tuned by GhostTown HD.  It ran great the whole time I owned it.  It was an 03 Deuce EFI not sure how they'd do with a carb.  If you don't mind the the ride check out Hemrick Performance in Kernsville.  Never heard anything good or bad at Parkway HD.  Hope that helps.
2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

timswideglide

Thanks Cheeryseeg,  I'm hoping someone on here has some experience with Parkway, I am skeptical about dealerships working on motors. My local dealers in FL. had bad reputations for service work. I was spoiled and had a Harley engineer as a neighbor. He built my motor and all my work. It was a major advantage and he basically worked for beer, granted it was a lot of beer but cheaper than dealership and i knew it was done right. I don't want to take bike any farther than i have to, it is running lean. Ghosttown is a option, not much farther.
Tim

inspector

What about tmanspreformance in Kernersville.I haven't used them but I hear they have a good reputation....www.tmansperformance.com

timswideglide

Inspector,  Unfortunately that is 2 1/2 hrs. away and i don't have a trailer. Bike is not happy enough to ride it that far. Thanks for the thought though.

hi$toy

have known the owner in Swannanoa forever, in case you do not know it is owned by the Gene Lummus family-----Gene unfortunatley passed this year, his son Travis is running both dealerships , he is a past Harley Pro street champion-----they know their stuff, Gene did two bikes for me and my last 95 twincam , heads were done by Poor Boy on this sight , used his combo completley, had wildthings pistons, cams, Mikuni Carb---made 114 hp and 118 torque on the dyno , had to tweak carb slightly and had it dynoed by Speeds in Daytona and got the final results. Yes to answer your question they can tune your bike for you----ask for  Travis , tell him Fred Tyson sent you

timtoolman

call Clark @hemerick performance  He has a website  lots of info
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

timswideglide

Thanks hi$toy,  I was down there and talked to Adam (service manager) and one of the techs, I am going to take it down as soon as we have a friday with nice warm and dry weather. I had it out last week and went to a bike night in Weaverville and it didn't seem as bad, maybe because temperature was warmer than last time I had it out but it still needs dialed in. Thanks for the advice.