May 08, 2024, 01:45:12 PM

News:

Chrome fork dust covers

Started by aal, December 31, 2008, 02:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aal

December 31, 2008, 02:26:27 AM Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:49:49 AM by aal
Anyone know if there's an exact chrome replacement for the black plastic fork dust covers?  I know there are covers that go over the plastic ones, but anything that's exactly like the black ones, except chrome?  I think HD also makes some chrome covers that I think replace the black plastic ones, but they look different.  Thanks.  Also, this is for a softail standard.  It looks like they make it for dyna's, I think the 39mm, but I don't see anything for the softail.

aal

Checking further, it looks like what I'm looking for actually comes stock on the Softail Custom.  Would anyone have a part number?  Thanks.

fxstbob

Sorry, no part# but The stock fxstc chrome dust covers aren't exactly mirror chrome. I've been looking also because I don't like the looks of the covers that come with the H-D chrome front end kit. There are, however, some aftermarket covers that fit over the black ones with the same shape and taper as the black ones.

aal

It looks to me that the overs that come with the HD chrome sliders are the same as on the fxstc.  I think a few years ago I found a web site with some chrome covers that looked like they replaced the stock ones, but I can't find the site anymore.  I'd like something that actually replaces the stock black covers, rather than something that covers those.

ThumperDeuce

The caps that came with my Deuce are chrome.  The part number is 45482-03 and is called a Cap Fork, slider in the cataloge.  It sits on top of the slider tube.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.