April 27, 2024, 08:46:56 PM

News:

HTT Chat

Started by HV, November 01, 2008, 04:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV

We can do what ever you guys want heheh
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

RK101

Thanks Coyote. Might find this hard to believe but I've never been on a chatt before.  ;D
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

02roadcling

sure beats the yahoo chat where the bot hookers always invade your box.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

RK101

I'm on the wifes Laptop and the way the screen was sitting I couldn't see the gray area at the bottom  :-[
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

02roadcling

rk just saw your chat post. doing good.

I have a suggestion/?... is there is a way to make the box so it can be left up in a corner overriding the main screen or a flashing bar on the bottom to let you know someone else has joined similar to IM? Unless a guy keeps viewing the box you might miss what you are waiting for.
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

02roadcling

ok, so I double clicked on my own name in chat and it opened a small box that appears to be 1 on 1. Of course there was no place to type because its just myself. Anybody else try this yet?
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

FSG

Quote from: 02roadcling on November 02, 2008, 01:43:45 PM
ok, so I double clicked on my own name in chat and it opened a small box that appears to be 1 on 1. Of course there was no place to type because its just myself. Anybody else try this yet?

that's a crappy chat room then, can't even talk to yourself    :'(

panhead_dan

I tried it yesterday, I think, and was able to talk to myself. I had to cuz nobody was home. Has it been changed?

02roadcling

:) It works great! Just tested the little box idea with another member and sure enuff it will come in handy when the place gets crowded or exchanging addresses or phone numbers etc. ;D
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

HV

Good things coming soon to the Chat ...I think it will be a usefull section for solving some issues with bikes
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Coyote

Quote from: 02roadcling on November 02, 2008, 01:19:27 PM
rk just saw your chat post. doing good.

I have a suggestion/?... is there is a way to make the box so it can be left up in a corner overriding the main screen or a flashing bar on the bottom to let you know someone else has joined similar to IM? Unless a guy keeps viewing the box you might miss what you are waiting for.

If you right click on the HTT Chat in the menu bar and then select Open Link in a New Menu (this works in Firefox anyways) it will open in a separate window. You can just go back in forth or you can un-dock the chat window by clicking the little icon at the bottom that looks like two windows over each other. This will allow the chat window to free float where you want it. -Keith