May 02, 2024, 11:09:58 AM

News:

SEPST question

Started by Nebraskarider1, Today at 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpwrench, eddfive, thumpr54, wolf_59, lilchief and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nebraskarider1

Is the SEPST pretty much useless now?Why I ask: looking at a low mile 2012 Ultra, owner purchased and had bike flashed with a SEPST when it was new in 2012. Only thing they changed was the air cleaner. I would want to do a non cat headpipe and slip-ons if I buy it. I have the SEPST software on a Win7 PC but when I open it it says flash programming disabled, check for updates, then says update failed. I'm guessing I will just be better off buying a tune license and keeping my PowerVision and using it. I hope it was ok to ask here, I haven't kept up with things since they switched to epa friendly tunes on the HD tuners. 

rigidthumper

Getting a license may be less of a pain?
If they have the VCI that is married to that bike, it can be made to work. Is it the SE Pro Supertuner, or the SE Street Tuner?
You can go into file manager, and edit the last update time, to over ride the "check for updates".
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Nebraskarider1

Quote from: rigidthumper on Today at 05:33:04 AMGetting a license may be less of a pain?
If they have the VCI that is married to that bike, it can be made to work. Is it the SE Pro Supertuner, or the SE Street Tuner?
You can go into file manager, and edit the last update time, to over ride the "check for updates".

Yes it's the SEProST that is married to the bike when he bought it new. I'll try what you suggested and see if my software will work. I haven't bought the bike yet so have some time to see if I should just plan on budgeting for a tune license. Thanks

rigidthumper

If not, I have a working copy of the software- you're welcome to pop by with the VCI/bike/laptop & we can get you going.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?