May 07, 2024, 08:59:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Data-Link vs. TTS

Started by CTCVOrider, May 06, 2011, 03:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTCVOrider

Are there significant differences in the various values/tables that can be modified in the ECM using Data-Link software vs. what the TTS Mastertune can change?  I have access to a tuner that says he can use his Data-Link software.  Will he be able to modify things like the rev limiter?  It's tempting to not have to invest in my own tuner, but would I be able to change anything or revert to the stock map if anything were to change in the future.

If I sound a little confused here, it's because I'd never heard of Data-Link, so have no idea of it's capabilities other than the limited information on their website.  I am somewhat familiar with the TTS.

Steve Cole

Unless you purchase the whole programming kit you cannot change anything yourself with Data Link, so as long as YOU do not want to do anything yourself that doesn't matter. As for data that can be changed/altered TTS has more than any other tuner on the market. This allows for a better, more complete tune.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

CTCVOrider

The Data-Link software belongs to the dyno operator/tuner.  My understanding is that even if he modifies my current map and saves the factory map, I won't be able to change anything without either buying a tuner of my own or taking it back to him.  Pro is that I don't have to invest in a tuner:  Con is that I'm stuck with what I get.

Does that sum it up correctly?

Jeffd

without a doubt go with a tts.  I am a computer dummy and wth mayor's and Steve cole's help I was able muddle through it. 

BVHOG

I would assume you are speaking of "Direct link", not data link.
I have the direct link setup but still use the tts more often.
It (DL) will tune most builds just fine with the same tables that are available with the SEST. If you wan't to go up a notch both in price and tuning features then buy the TTS.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.