May 09, 2024, 03:23:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

o.t. best bloody mary recipes.....

Started by taz95dog, January 01, 2009, 07:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz95dog

getting ready for the "hair of the dog"...what is your list of stuff??? (my secret is horse-radish)...bill.... :beer:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

90flstc

I usually don't like pre mixers as a rule, but Zing Zang in the best for me for Bloody Mary's just add a pickle and your good to go

taz95dog

morning , flstc , have you tried the tabasco hot pickle ? bet that would be good . have a great new year...bill...

tomboyjr

try using clamato juice instead of tomato. I know it doesnt sound good but believe me its delicious

HroadhogD1

January 01, 2009, 08:09:29 AM #4 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:11:10 AM by HroadhogD1
    Famous Dave's bloody Mary mix.  I think there are two kinds.  I usually get the one that is not spicey.    :beer:     :up:

Deye76

Tabasco® makes a pretty good mix, add some celery salt, pickle, couple of jumbo spanish olives, celery stalk, ain't too bad.

Don't forget the Absolut. :wink:

Best I've had was at a place in the Key's called the Italian fisherman, and at the museum on Lake Michigan in Milwaukee at the 105th last summer. Guy wouldn't tell me what was in the mix.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

90flstc

tabasco hot pickles hmmm... sounds good I will look for them.. Happy New Year to everyone

bigblock6912

gotta add a couple small shrimp and let them marinate a little.

-SeabrookTrickBagger

tomato juice
clam juice
horseradish, prepared not creamed
worchestershire sauce
Tabasco brand pepper sauce
ground pepper
sea salt
plenty of lime
booze

Add clam juice to tomato juice, to taste
Horseradish, as much as you can stand
Worchester, just enough to give the mixture a slightly brown color, stiring
Tabasco, a couple of shakes, be careful
Ground pepper,coarse, not too much
Lime, at least 1/4 lime squeezed in mixture
Booze, stir again
Add mixture to ice
Salt sprinkled on top of ice
Squeeze lime on top of ice
Add Celery stalk if ya really need to ......

Alternate:  1.use clamato instead of tomato juice and clam juice, and maybe add a bit of tomato sauce or puree to thicken it up
2. Skip the clam juice and throw a shucked fresh raw oyster in the mixture before you add the ice.
3.  Forget everything but the booze
Seabrook

taz95dog

when i went back to va.bch,va. last year we had one at maui mai's(sp?) it had old bay in it and around the rim. seems like i kinda remembered it was great... :teeth:...bill...

boooby1744

Clam juice? we just spit in the drink instead!

Rusty Steel

Easy, spicey V-8 and three or four glugs of vodka.
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

FSG

Wingnut

January 03, 2009, 05:15:42 AM #13 Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:20:58 AM by Wingnut
Clamato and tequilla, scrap the vodka.    Trust me on this one.
Never ride faster then your angel can fly.

Kansas

I'm with you Rusty.  The V-8 Hot & Spicy gives it a little snap and is so much better than standard V8 or tomato juice that I have entirely converted to it with or without the hooch.  Tastes great and is healthy.   :up:

Joncin

Use whatever mix you like, but instead of a celery stalk, use a stick of jerky to stir it up.

I'll bet anyone $100 they can't wait ill the end of the drink to start gnawing on the jerky. lol

taz95dog

hey check out "theraven.com"scroll down to looking for drink recipes they have a lot of good recipes for bloody marys and others......but whatever you do <don't click on the picture of the black  raven>...taz...

Kansas

OK, Taz, the first thing I had to do was go click on the raven.  That town must have a wealthy plastic surgeon, eh?

taz95dog

gee,i said don't do it :teeth:bet you use to run with sissors in your hand too...taz... :wink:

Kansas

You aren't supossed to run with scissors?   :smiled:

taz95dog

i might try it ;i'm a dolphin fan...taz... :cry: