May 09, 2024, 06:21:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Injector flow bench. Is there a need?

Started by hrdtail78, June 04, 2011, 07:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

Anybody out there interested in match flowed injectors?  I am looking at a NewAge NA8.  It's used and in great shape. Beside the cleaning and such it does. It will let me get together matched sets.  Was looking for some input.
Semper Fi

Don D

whittlebeast

Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

hrdtail78

Quote from: Deweysheads on June 04, 2011, 10:10:13 AM
How do you adjust Delphi injectors?

You don't.  But you can do the Smokey style. Order a bunch and match them up.
Semper Fi

Hillside Motorcycle

Matched/staggered/modified has been going on for some time. :wink:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Don D

Jason, looks like a good gig.
I think the "details" guys will subscribe. There is competition for sure but still think a dyno tune and matched cleaned injectors are complimentary products.

ultraswede

In these days of individual cylinder AFR tuning, there is absolutely no need to flow match injectors.

FLTRI

Quote from: ultraswede on June 05, 2011, 11:29:22 AM
In these days of individual cylinder AFR tuning, there is absolutely no need to flow match injectors.
:up: :up:
That said there is definitely a market for cleaning injectors but how do you get the customer to bring in his bike in for injector PM when we can't get them bring it in for a proper tune to begin with?
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Hilly13

Free beer and a burger Bob, that will get em  through the door :)
Just because its said don't make it so

hrdtail78

Thanks for the input.  I don't think this can be supported locally only for me, and it is quit a bit of money for start up.  The asking price $4000.

Good point with tuning cylinders indepently.  Doing research I have seen injectors that flow the same, but way different spray patterns.  Dripping injectors and of course cleaning.

This would be defintly targeted toward the detail guys.  If you are going to buy new injectors.  Whats $20-30 more for ones that have been checked out?  This would take me over into the car world also.  Just trying to move my Speed Shop toward a more specialized direction.

Thanks,  Jason
Semper Fi

BVHOG

I know that Doug Lofgren has recently bought and set up a new system. Have you ever read his infor concerning injectors and their inconsistencies?
I think it makes good sense to at least know what you have and have them clean, when you consider that the Delphi has now been out about 10 years I think this could get to be more popular as these bikes age.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.