May 08, 2024, 04:10:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

120R TTS map

Started by Harleyrider09, May 13, 2011, 07:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harleyrider09

I was thinking that to start V-tuning a 2011 throttle by wire 120R with 58 MM TB to us the FUF009 map and increase the engine displacement to 130 and start there,would this be appropriate?
Thanks Mike

Steve Cole

I would only set it to 120 cu in if you are using a MT8 calibration.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

BubbaRuney

i'M ASSUMING THAT THAT WOULD HOLD TRUE FOR A 2010,  96",  255 CAMS, Heavy Breather, True Duals. Using a 103" MT8 cal. Set Displacement @ 96" or take 103" less 5%

Steve Cole

All MT8 calibrations should be set at the proper engine and injector size for what you have. The EGR setting will allow you to get everything adjusted, at least it has so far for everything we have run and that includes 120R engine combinations.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Harleyrider09

If you increase the constants form 113 to 120 for a larger motor do you still reduce the VE's the same percent or leave them alone?

strokerjlk

if you are going to use mt 7 123 ci  is fine for most 120r's. unless it has a pipe such as the borarzilla. then I go 125 ci. with that map.

should add that is with the correct inj. size in the constant also.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

rbabos

Quote from: Harleyrider09 on May 18, 2011, 07:53:42 AM
If you increase the constants form 113 to 120 for a larger motor do you still reduce the VE's the same percent or leave them alone?
With the MT8 leave the ci to what the actual ci is. Only if maxing happens then up the ci in % and drop the ve tables the same amount of %. The mt8 with the one I tuned didn't like me increasing it to the same ci as previous mt7s. Way rich was the result. Ve's never came close to maxing either set to actual ci.
Ron