March 29, 2024, 07:33:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

My New Flathead Chopper

Started by Pzokes, June 08, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pzokes

Looks like Love Cycles "Birdcatcher is all sold out.  It was an exact copy of Jammer's early 70's smooth "birdcatcher" and appeared to be more a labor of love than a profit item.  I have a small backyard aluminum foundry, so I know the work involved to cast it, polish it, and machine it
There's miles to go before I sleep.

CraigArizona85248

Don,

Those Birdcatchers that Love Cycles makes are awesome.  It's cool being located so close to an old style chopper shop like Love Cycles.  I've been in there a few times.  Jerimiah is a really cool guy.

-Craig

Pzokes

I'd like to go to their aniversary party.  Are you going?  I was pissed when I found out that the brass birdcatchers were sold out.  The refactory cement in my foundry will hold up to casting brass, and I might be able to use the Love Cycle birdcatcher as a mold, but I don't have an area set up for casting and left some items when I moved...I don't even have the garage set up in this house yet.  I should probably put a Handy Hannah on it instead, for somethine "old school".
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Carl 1969

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but you have mad skills, my friend. Reminds me of the old iron my dad & friends built & rode when I was a kid.

I've always wanted a Flatty & hate I didn't get one before prices went crazy. I passed on a super clean, TüV-legal UL chop when I was stationed in Germany in the mid '90's for $6500 & still kick myself for it.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

CraigArizona85248

Don (Pzokes) had a great eye for old chops and strong building skills. Unfortunately he passed away in April 2012. He was a real genuine guy and a friend. He'd be thrilled that people are still appreciating his work.

-Craig

Carl 1969

Dang. Did not know this. RIP, friend.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired