September 20, 2024, 06:25:44 PM

News:

gas line

Started by scootersage, July 17, 2011, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootersage

Good idea to take a look at the gas line once in a while. as you can see we neglected that simple step.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

easyricer

WOW! Hope everyone is ok.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

a_disalvo

Wow, glad I didn't wind up with that, but don't ask how I know tygon tubing does don't last as a gas line. Crossover line crumbled and gas was all over the place, line was 2 years old. Frank

billbuilds

July 18, 2011, 04:58:41 AM #4 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:02:44 AM by billbuilds
     The stuff designed/rated for automobile FI that's available at NAPA, Advance and others is worth paying the extra money for.  Don't ya just love ethanol?
Man, that photo really gives cause to pause. Thanks for reminding us all. Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

scootersage

we got some second degree burns on the leg. bike didn't really get hot enough to warp anything frame wise and motor is ok. "This was an odd bike came with the wrong motor from the factory vin is 9d but has a 80 inch in it. was a stormy day when we picked it up in 79 I guess fire is a fitting end. Thank you for the post's. ride safe