May 09, 2024, 03:04:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Moving TTS to A New Computer

Started by Sporty 48, July 24, 2011, 12:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporty 48

I like the version installed on the old computer. Sometimes older is better, go figure.
Going from Vista to Windows 7 is a bit of a chore it seems.
Connected to the local home network, moved over the program files, desktop files and data files but it does not connect.
A fresh loading off the disc worked but they were much older versions. Do not want the updated stuff.
Suggestions?
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

whittlebeast

Do a search on the old computer for *.msi and see if the instal software pops up.  If it does then you should be able to copy that msi to a thumb drive and launch it on the new computer.  The msi most likely will be dated reals close to the date of the last install on the old computer.

AW
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Sporty 48

*.msi nowhere to be found.
Well, it is with a new Adaware install, very recent date.

Sporty 48

DataMaster seems to be working.
Nothing else works.
Went through the TTS program files and selected each one.
I guess the data files did not move either, must be somewhere else.
Hard at it, but I do need to ride today.

Hogflash

You can't just copy the EXE files over and have them work, there are many system components associated with the files, and all must be correctly registered.  You must install using the installer TTS provides unless you have a deep understanding of how the windows registration process works and know what all the components are.

By default,  all the data files are in your documents folder under TTS

--Gary

Sporty 48

Rufus,
You are quite right.
Quite a complicated thing these things.
Was going through the files. Found some cool stuff.
Deleted all the old stuff that I loaded onto the new computer, now the TTS boot disc does not load up. Go figure.
I was trying to move old tuning files to the new rig.
They set up the structure so it is difficult to get to program files by the LAN through the other computer.
Power Commander has the next step, a proprietary GPS/Map/Sounder like thing with the software programmed in.
TTS has the software, Dyno Commander has the gadget.
Who is going to get the next $500?

And Whildebeast has MegaLog Viewer, ha, ha, ha! Working all the angles.

Good thing it was a beautiful night for a ride, cool air, little traffic and twisty roads.

Quote from: Rufus on July 24, 2011, 05:31:43 PM
You can't just copy the EXE files over and have them work, there are many system components associated with the files, and all must be correctly registered.  You must install using the installer TTS provides unless you have a deep understanding of how the windows registration process works and know what all the components are.

By default,  all the data files are in your documents folder under TTS

--Gary