May 09, 2024, 12:04:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS softail closed loop conversion

Started by DirtNap, August 08, 2011, 07:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap

I did a closed loop conversion on my 2004 fxsti about 4 months ago,,Got a really good deal on a 2006 dyna ecm and  o2 sensors for $45.00 shipped ,,bought the  connectors and pins from harley and the wire for a local auto store. After reading the info in the TTS manual.The only part of this im uncertain about is the map ,I found a closed loop map for my build (2004 softail 95 kit ,flat top pistons and 203 cams,breather) ,map, BHD105-3 and blended it into the DAF176-03-A0 for closed loop,I borrowed the spark tables and injector size and so on from the BHD file then loaded up the map ,ran a cam analyzer and then ran some Vtune runs and i felt a good increase over the stock 88 ,Im just not sure about the spark tables ,I ran five runs collecting spark data while advancing the tables 3 degree each time and only found knock once ,This concerns me ,because the cells are already so advanced in the BHD file compared to the DAF file , Then i also read that D&D have a barb thickness problem not allowing the o2 sensors to read properly.Is this correct?I got a feeling that my bike is not tuned right ,I feel it should have more pull.Is there a map better suited for my build ?,Im doing my best no to get it dynoed ,adleast until i finish the engine work .

Sporty 48

August 09, 2011, 08:17:47 PM #1 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:21:56 PM by Sporty 48
I have D&D Bobcats. Called D&D, they indicated that I should check O2 depth.
Hard to know depth without a set of pipes with O2 sensors, hope someone knows what the depth is and chimes in.
Do not know how TTS can be well used without good O2 signals.
If you have a well respected local dyno guy that uses TTS, maybe you could do worse.
I was afraid of toasting pistons and had a great local guy.
Please keep us updated with your progress.
We will all learn.
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

DirtNap

Im going to pull my pipe and check the depth of the sensors ,From what i gather the o2 sensor should be recessed into the pipe 1/2~3/8 of a inch pass the bung ,It seems that tts has a hard time taking readings at lower rpm without the 02 sensor not properly seated ,

Sporty 48

A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Steve Cole

Sport 48

You have it backwards. TTS only reports/shows what the ECM is seeing. The ECM is in charge and makes all the corrections based on what it see's from the O2 sensors and we just report it and store it with the TTS software.Vtune on the other hand does do a lot more.

Proper O2 placement is a must for the ECM to work properly. Bosch specifications state the O2 should be in the exhaust such that the threaded area of the sensor is flush with the ID of the pipe but should not expose the threads into the pipe.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.