April 27, 2024, 05:42:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

new indians at harley dealer in az

Started by hogpipes1, January 09, 2009, 07:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

03deuce

If they are an American company and employ american workers, I wish them well and hope they are successful.  I'm not in the market to buy one, but would be interested enough to take a test ride. 

hogpipes1

i  checked out the rest of their  bikes last  sat. all are 105 cu. just waiting for there house party to hear what they sound like with there 2-1 huge muffler. they look good but after a 100k road test we'll see. i can see me riding a 53 chief but not a 09. best of luck in the worse of times.

CraigArizona85248

hogpipes,

The salesman started up one of the bikes for another customer while I was there.  Sounded just like a harley.  No surprising since the motor is basically a 105" Evo.  The muffler was pretty quiet as I would expect.

-Craig

Joncin

Hey Craig,

Did you happen to ask if they were going to have some sort of grand opening.....with free food?

The free food thing gets me in the door occasionally.  :teeth:

seattledyna

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: Joncin on January 27, 2009, 05:12:35 PM
Hey Craig,

Did you happen to ask if they were going to have some sort of grand opening.....with free food?

The free food thing gets me in the door occasionally.  :teeth:

LOL... sorry Jon, I didn't ask.  Last I knew, Chesters was serving free lunch every Saturday.  But it's been a long time since I was in there on a Saturday during the lunch hour.

-Craig

hogpipes1

Chesters has a web site that list there events for the month .i'am sure that will be  on there cal. when they have a  showing.

1-Lonewolf

Quote from: Phu Cat on January 10, 2009, 05:15:38 AM
If I was gonna buy an Indian for $30,000, today's Indians just don't have the charactor the old ones did.

PC

I completely agree! I see this as another shot in the dark and this too will fade like the Indians of the past. For that kind of money, unless you are really pissed off at Harley for something, and you wanted to buy a motorcycle, why would anyone NOT buy a Harley? I would be looking at the Scream-n-Eagle bikes if I had this kind of money.

deathwish

the engine is NOT S&S. It is a reworked power plus 100" indian now made in 105". I saw them at Sturgis and while they did SOME nice things, for 30,000 they'll probably starve to death.