May 08, 2024, 04:49:58 PM

News:

HTT120 Build

Started by wurk_truk, August 30, 2011, 02:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durwood

ROCK ON!! Great Ron,glad it came together so well :up:

wurk_truk

Man-oh-man...  GREAT news Ron.  Fantastic!!!!!!!  Call me tomorrow, please!
Oh No!

Kleetus

Congrats on the build! Now you just gotta git out there and put some miles on her.............. :chop:

1FSTRK

I didn't know it would be coming to life today or I'd never have asked.
Congratulations on the successful first fire up. Anyone that has ever been through a simple rebuild knows that feeling when it first fires and sits there running and this was no simple rebuild.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

akjeff

:up: Bet it felt good to hear that baby rumble to life!

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

TexasBowhunter

Ride Safe
Paul

JohnCA58

Right on Ron,   :up:  and to enjoy for many many miles.
YOLO

Eglider05

Congrats, can't wait to get mine up and running.

Rick

rbabos

Quote from: 1FSTRK on March 05, 2012, 02:45:10 PM
I know that in the 11 pages here you have discussed every aspect of this build in great detail.
Could you put together and post a final spec sheet showing the final squish,cc's,cams,TB,pipe and the like just to summarize where you ended up. After all  then you can just copy and paste it when you post the dyno runs we are dying to see. :smilep:
Well, the bike will likely never see a dyno so we will never know. Don't matter to me since I just wanted a reliable build and run down the road with decent power. I think I've achieved that. Build started out as a HQ 113 with Darkhorse crank work and timken. Crank and heads are now for sale. :wink:
I followed the 120 saga for quite some time doing research and felt this engine was well designed and should have a decent life span. I still feel the same about it.
Basic build is reused oem B cases that were already bored to accept 4.060 jugs. I clearanced these for the additional stroke of the 4.625 crank.
Wurk Truk worked with me to obtain the softail crank and +.010 pistons. Thanks John.
Was going to hone my present barrels to fit the +.010 pistons but one got trashed so decided to just go with a new set. Honing guy came good for the one.  I have one rear spare which means if something happens it will be to the front one. :banghead: In the end I was happy with the hone job and we got the size at .0025-.0026.
Rob on this forum felt the need to go bigger so I got a nice 55 HPI and 3 intakes to work with. That's all I really need for my intended riding. Thanks Rob.
Bought some junk lifters, told Comp Cam to shove it since they could never get my order straight and eventally settled on the Gatermans, a decision I've not regretted. They are quality pieces regardless of where they are made.
Previous deck lapping placed the pistons at around .002 proud based on the .019 base gaskets I have.
.045 cometic was used to give .043 quench. Not what everyone shoots for but I ran .030 with the last one and carbon over time eats it up. I figure the .043 will prolong the water decarb with minimal effect on detonation overall. Remember , daily driver, not dyno queen.
110 heads were bought on ebay at a good price and shipped to Don to work his magic. This engine sure as hell won't be held back from the heads. Damn they turned out nice and now that it runs they are quiet in the valve train too. I  bitched and moaned to him that I hate noise and he delivered what I asked for.
HPI 5.3 injectors were chosen , again for overall practicality of a dailer rider with some balls when called upon.
Exhaust is my present Supertrapp with 6 additional discs added for now.
I eventually got sick of pushing the releases in on my 113 so this time I wanted something different. Decided to try the S&S 585 easystarts and now that the lifters are pumped up I see my starter is going to live a lot longer too. They are sweet. I have a double click sound just as the engine rotates to a stop as the released engage. Not offensive at all. Funny, I was dead set against these things when they first came out and here I am using them. :hyst:
I believe from memory the static comp was 10.25 with 95cc chambers.
195 ccp at sea level and correct to 186 base on this cam.
Stick all this into a light fxstc and it can only mean one thing. FUN. :chop:
Ron

rob71458

Great to hear Ron! :bike:  Glad I could contribute to your build. Now, if I could just get mine back together.   :doh:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla