May 01, 2024, 11:17:07 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS - 96" with 255 cams

Started by 07heri, September 09, 2011, 06:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

Quote from: N-gin on October 09, 2011, 06:34:12 AM
Could you please post the tune file so I can see the finishing VE tables after the exhaust mod you did?
I have followed this thread and have learned a lot of useful information.   :pop:

NGin my VE tables still need work.  I plan to make a few more runs this week now that the weather has gotten bearable.  Right now I've just been tinkering with the timing.

The exhaust mod probably did more to compensate for the way the O2 sensors are mounted than anything else.  My exhaust was pretty open so all I did was introduce a little more restriction in the mufflers by creating a tab (on the baffle) to bend down into the exhaust flow.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

N-gin

I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

pauly

So - How's it going?
Any improvement in the way the bike is running?

Pauly

07heri

The bike seems to be running fine.  No decel pops, sputters, etc.  Mileage mixed between city and highway is around 42/43.  Starts fine, never any kickback.  It's not pulling any timing out anywhere.  Overall it runs pretty smooth.  I didn't make any VTune runs after the timing changes so I'm sure there's still more to do to make it better, but for now I'm pretty happy with the way it runs.  I'll screw around with it some more after I get a monitor to view while tuning.  I kinda got tired of making tuning runs and not being able to see exactly which cells were being hit and having to go back out again and again.  I love the program and the flexability it gives but having the external monitor will be a big a plus to cutting down the time and frustration of not seeing what's happening. 
2016 Heritage
Stage 1