May 04, 2024, 06:17:04 PM

News:

Handlebar reviews / suggestions

Started by 2glides, January 14, 2009, 06:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2glides

Thanks again to all that replied........ Jaxhog, they do look good. Did you nedd to change brakeline and clutch cable?

blk-betty

January 24, 2009, 07:45:57 AM #26 Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:49:56 AM by blk-betty
I tired the Kromeworks 502s on my 06 FLHX and went back to stock.  The 502s have the same dimensions as the 505s except they are close to stock height.  I too am short with short arms, 5'7" with 31-32" reach.  The stock bars are the perfect width for me but need to come back about 2 inches.  The 502s did come back an inch or so but they are wider than stock - so with my short ams I actually was reaching farther away, especially noticable with tight turns - I had to lean forward to extend my arms - not to mention the wider bar ended right in line of sight of the fairing mount mirrors making them entirely useless.

I did also try the HD reach bar but found the grips to be angled back so my wrists were cocked outward where the stock bars have a much more neutral lie with a natural wrist position.  Can't say if the HD Reach bar would have been any better as I didn't even mount  it - just holding it in my hands it didn't feel right with my wrists cocked outward. 

If anyone has any recommendations for a bar that sits at the same height or maybe an inch higher with the exact same width as stock and with grips at the same angle as stock but moves the grips 2 inches closer to the rider, I'm all ears. 
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC