May 09, 2024, 08:50:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tuning TBW: V-tune vs. Pro-dyno tune

Started by mayor, January 18, 2011, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffd

Some of us don't have the luxury of having a dyno tuner remotely close

WVULTRA

Quote from: Jeffd on October 23, 2011, 04:05:56 PM
Some of us don't have the luxury of having a dyno tuner remotely close

:agree:   
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

timtoolman

October 24, 2011, 04:33:06 PM #77 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:36:07 PM by timtoolman
Hey mayor,  not trying to sound facetious but   how many miles/ gallons   cost per gallon  of  92-93 octane  have you  burned up  v-tuning  this year, cost   verses a cost for  wonderful tune from the local tuner ??????? :potstir
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

Steve Cole

Got no idea what he spent but I do know he was out riding and enjoying himself while doing it!  :potstir:
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

timtoolman

HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

mayor

I look at it this way, the learning experience alone was well worth the cost of gas.   :bike:  although the accelerated tire wear added up some additional cost.  :unsure:  other than the cold weather at the beginning of the year and the occasional feeling that I was shortening the life of my bike a little, can't say that didn't enjoy myself.  :nix: heck, I had so much fun learning....that if I had a dyno at my descresion...I'd probably had the wheel bearings wore out by now. 

:teeth:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

timtoolman

HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

mayor

yea, don't remind me.   :doh:  get your parts rounded up?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Ken R

Quote from: mayor on October 24, 2011, 05:45:32 PM
I look at it this way, the learning experience alone was well worth the cost of gas.   :bike:  although the accelerated tire wear added up some additional cost.  :unsure:  other than the cold weather at the beginning of the year and the occasional feeling that I was shortening the life of my bike a little, can't say that didn't enjoy myself.  :nix: heck, I had so much fun learning....that if I had a dyno at my descresion...I'd probably had the wheel bearings wore out by now. 

:teeth:

I also enjoyed learning from your work.  Thanks. 
Regarding the dyno being the most important part, I don't think the best tuner could do as good of a job without the machine.  I wish I had one, too.  Yeah, I'd wear it out.

Ken